•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    Glad to hear Fltnut.

For those looking for a map showing aircraft on the server I do have something I am working on.

But for now if you would like to see where everybody is you can use a program called Servinfo.

The program requires no installation, just a double click of the servinfo.exe inside the folder (it has a green icon).
    It will show all server, atc and pilot details and includes a map showing where people are in the world.

Once opened click OPTIONS and the CONNECTION PARAMETERS.
    Select Network: Custom Network 1
    Network name:MSF

and Locator path Url: http://roo.servebeer.com/whazzup

Everything on the connection parameters page should be unticked/unfilled in apart from that above.

Once back at the main screen click the button net to IVAO at the top left to load the MSF data.

Leave a comment:

• fltnut
    replied
    Fltnut here
    its up and running for me in p3d

Leave a comment:

• Captain Duke
    replied
    Thanks Karl,

Your instructions were perfect. I'm now up and stable in both FSX-SE and P3D v3.
    Thank you and Roo very much.

Bobby

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    Bobby,

Setting the default aircraft is as simple as doing a copy and paste.

• Go to the main flight sim directory
    • navigate to SimObjects\Aircraft folder
    • Choose the aircraft that you want to use as the default and go to that folder.
    • Open the file aircraft.cfg with a text editor such as Notepad.
    • Each texture for the aircraft begins with [Texture.XX]
    • The first line after the [Texture.XX] begins with Title =
    • Copy the text that after the Title =
    • In vPilot, go to the settings --> Model Matching
    • Paste previous text into the box labeled Title.
    • Click OK to apply and close.

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    Hi Bobby.
    The default aircraft is only what you will see others as if you do not have the aircraft they are flying.
    I don't have P3D but assume it must have a CRJ as an AI aircraft which would work.
    This is only the model matching feature and shouldn't affect how you connect.
    The CRJ can be changed to any aircraft you have installed.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Duke
    replied
    Hi Roo,

Talking to ATPJET on TS, I tried to run FSD on P3D v3. I couldn't make it work because the default was a CRJ and P3D doesn't have a CRJ as it's default. Oddly enough there is a CRJ in the SimObjects folder so I am thinking that is an AI aircraft. ATPJET says there is a way to copy an entry from the SimObjects folder to FSD settings but we weren't sure how. Can you explain how to do that? If I can make it work, then I'll have FSX-SE and P3D v3 on FSD.

Thank you

Bobby

Edit: Windows 7 Pro (not sure if you need this info)
    Last edited by Captain Duke; December 12, 2015, 04:30 AM. Reason: Added OS

Leave a comment:

• Captain Duke
    replied
    Hi Roo,

On Karl's recommendation, I installed the client for FSX-SE. No problems following your instructions. My callsign is ZZ100 and there doesn't appear to be any issues. I'll fly with it and report back if any issues but right now I'm in and stable.

Thank you for the work.
    Bobby

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    Thanks Waterman.
    We could do with a list of problems to see if a fix can be found for them.
    So far we have Storm and Novas posts above.
    Which I'll do my best to look into when I find time.
    I'll update everybody with any changes I try to see if they improve anything.

Leave a comment:

• Waterman981
    replied
    Roo when we do feel like we have this fairly well down I'm volunteering my wife to write up a how to. She writes help/how to manuals for software for her day job, so it's right up her alley. Just let me know when you're ready for it. (I'd guess after the proxy client is customized for us?)

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    Thank you Nova and Storm.
    I'll see if I can find a fix for the issues you encountered.
    There may not be one I don't know yet, but I'll ask the other communities I know that run this software and search the forums I have been using.
    The server does create a log file showing Client connections which may be useful.

Originally posted by strike View Post
    I am having a bit of trouble with installing this software. it will be very helpful if someone who has team veiwer could help me out. thanks (i will be on in the next few days - Australian time though)
    I'll try but we'll need to know a bit more info strike.
    Which Sim are you using?
    Which Operating system?
    And which bit of the install are you having problems with.

Leave a comment:

• strike
    replied
    I am having a bit of trouble with installing this software. it will be very helpful if someone who has team veiwer could help me out. thanks (i will be on in the next few days - Australian time though)

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    Originally posted by Novawing24 View Post
    Judder observed to some users, possible internet connection more investigation required.
    Judder noted with 125 Mbps down/12 Mbps up, 0% packet loss, Internet connection at client when in formation (say 0.1 nmi) with FSX frame rate locked at 30 fps. This is a similar effect to flying formation without frame rate lock, except in this case with possibly a lower judder frequency.

Lag noted was around 6-8 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Novawing24
    replied
    Issues encountered:

When connected users >= 5 dropped connections began. VPilot would D/C. upon attempting to reconnect message would advise callsign in use even though it was not visible to any traffic connected at the time.

A restart of proxy software and vpilot did not resolve nor did a client side sim restart

Clients connected noted that whilst software was saying they were still connected no other players were visible.

A restart of proxy software and vpilit did not resolve however a client side simulator restart was successful in clearing the issue.

Judder observed to some users, possible internet connection more investigation required.

(apologies for typo and brevity on cellular)

Safe skies
    Novawing24

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    OK Thanks Waterman.

An event has now been posted in which to get together and test this software.
    http://msflights.net/forum/calendar....&day=2015-12-5
    Last edited by ATC_ROO; December 6, 2015, 09:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Waterman981
    replied
    Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
    Where you have connected with localhost are you able to manually input an ip/hostname?
    If you can input roo.servebeer.com into the server field and don't run the proxy program does that work?
    Doesn't work... just gets stuck "Connecting..."

If I then fire up the FSD Proxy and change it back to localhost it connects immediately. No need to restart X-Plane...

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X