X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLTBUFF71
    replied
    I tested yesterday with 1 other user we both were on Windows10, STEAM. ....some set up issues and model matching questions but were able to use.
    Aircraft seen by other user was determined by what I set in my 'connect' aircraft type (which it matches to a xxx.vmr file), i.e., if I select 737 on freeflight but used 172 as aircraft type in vpilot, he saw Cessna. So it appears that we have to set aircraft in 2 places for others to properly see what we are flying. I researched and found lots of vpilot doc and, a vmr free generator, which is when I learned that the 1st 3 chars of call sign, if it has a matching entry in the xxx.vmr file, determines the livery.

Maybe we were doing something wrong but it clearly seems to be that when you set your aircraft in freeflight, vpilot does not use that ... you have to set proper match in the 'connect' callsign and aircraft type... no biggie...

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    Yes my FS crashed Waterman after being up for a few days so that would explain it.

So far we have had FSX Steam, FSX Boxed and P3D all connect so all looks good.
    If anybody that has Xplane would like to try it that would be appreciated.

I believe all that is left is a group flight with as many as possible so we can compare it to the other software we have tried.
    I'm extremely busy at the moment but I do have a server running 24/7 if somebody would like to arrange a group flight.

I'll try and get on as much as I can to answer any questions.

P.S I may sound biased towards this software as I do like the look of it, but if it is no good for our group flights then there is no point testing it further.

I do however believe it to be extremely customisable and easy to use by both clients and server Admin, whilst also allowing different sims to fly together.

If set correctly it will be able to provide the same real world weather to everybody at the same time and I believe there are other options including a map showing aircraft on the server which maybe helpful.
    Last edited by ATC_ROO; November 28, 2015, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Waterman981
    replied
    I connected successfully tonight with P3Dv3. You seemed paused in the air, hopefully that was true and it wasn't a problem with lag.

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    Sorry I moved it to KIAD yesterday whilst helping somebody else with a radar client.
    She's now back at Manch circling at 6000ft.

Just for a heads up the Test Linux server will be going off today (and maybe tomorrow) for a time.
    So the address will point to the windows version of the server instead, if anybody would like to compare that to the linux.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
    I will now put an FSX Steam edition 747 circling EGCC at 6000ft for anybody that wants to connect and see traffic on the server.
    Nothing seen over Ringway at 20151126 0120Z, even when expanding vpilot's display radius to 99 nmi.

Leave a comment:

• Sound
    replied
    I am working on getting into my router. It seems that I have locked myself out somehow. Oh well, it's fixable and will continue again when I get home from work today.

What I am trying to do is run the server on my machine, that is always on anyway, to provide that others in the middle of the US can connect easier and with less lag. Hope that works the way it seems it should.

Other things to note are that while flying in group flights, we should try not to fly so close to each other. It does have that forward/backward jitter that other offerings had. This one is, however, much smoother so far. I am excited to get 20 or more flyers in a session to try it out.

I really like that we can add servers and that they will connect to each other. That may make our lag issues less important.

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    That's great Storm.
    I was actually glad somebody had an error on install as it flags up problems for anybody else that might have the same issue.
    And now anybody running Avast (or other antivirus) will know what to do if they run into the same problem, so thank you for the fix details.

I will update the Install instructions later today to include a more detailed explanation of the Vpilot install procedure as like you say voice will not be used but the model matching will be.

Myself, Sound and N404 Mike all flew for an hour or so on the server last night trying different things with Pops joining us just before I left.

I thought it went well with myself using the steam version and Sound using Boxed (I can't remember what Mike was using).
    There was a delay as to where the aircraft were positioned in relation as to where the pilot thought they were.
    This was put down to the server being in the UK and Sound and N404 being the other side of the water.
    Although the positioning was not spot on accurate it was only a case of 0.3nm at most and there was no jumping around of the aircraft from place to place as with fshost and others.

I also took the opportunity to start the Euroscope radar client and say everybody on the scope and moving smoothly.
    Later on I also started up a windows version of the server software to test the multiple server connectivity which was again a success, as I joined the windows server with my pilot and radar clients I could see the traffic on the Linux server running on a different machine and they could see me.

This would give us the option to run multiple servers if needed ie US, Europe and AUS meaning clients could connect to a server closest to them resulting in a better connection.

Overall I was pleased with the outcome and how simple everything seemed to be to setup and start.

I will now put an FSX Steam edition 747 circling EGCC at 6000ft for anybody that wants to connect and see traffic on the server.

And await feedback from everybody else.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    The set-up seemed OK (but see below*). It's all running though, in the absence of any other aircraft, it's impossible to tell whether it's all running as expected.

*During the vpilot set-up, it insists that you fill in audio and model matching config before continuing. To ensure your installation instructions are complete, and with the assumption that Teamspeak will be used for audio, can you include recommendations in the instructions please, even if they are redundant because of Teamspeak.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    Mike, thanks, but that's exactly the same file (with the same md5sum).

Roo, I'm using Avast! Internet Security 2015. (I believe Avast! has become one of the most popular worldwide with around one quarter of the world market.)

HOWEVER... the program version of Avast! has just updated automatically! I was running a previous version of the program (v10.4.2233) when I tried the installation. It has just updated to v11.1.2241. (The virus definitions are always up-to-date anyway.)

Upon installer execution, Avast! now says it's analyzing the BFSG FSD Proxy.exe file (causing the installer to fail with a script error, as presumably it doesn't like the delay). Rerunning the installer (Avast! remembers it analyzed it before) it works and installs (with a second Avast! analysis just before completion). The program group is now in place from the Start menu.

I'll now continue with the rest of the set-up.

If anyone else has this installer hang problem, and they're using Avast!, please advise them to let their updater run and install the very latest version of the Avast! program (a free upgrade). The new version of Avast! has a home screen in Fall colors, changed from the previous green and white.

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    MD5 hash of file C:\Users\Roo\Downloads\BFSG.exe:
    f7 35 d8 3f 45 db 41 13 3e 97 44 ca 85 e8 c5 4d
    CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

Looks the same as the one I have so a currupt download is out then.
    My money is now on somekind of antivirus stopping the install.
    What security do you use?

Leave a comment:

• N404
    replied
    I don't use any antivirus whatsoever.
    After changing the Target in my shortcut of BFSG FSD Proxy.exe to {"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bristol Flight Simulator Group\BFSG FSD Proxy\BFSG FSD Proxy.exe" /remotehost=roo.servebeer.com}, during the first run of the BFSG FSD Proxy.exe, Windows firewall asked for permission, that was it.
    Last edited by N404; November 25, 2015, 04:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    BFSG FSD.exe always downloads with an md5sum of f735d83f45db41133e9744ca85e8c54d. Please confirm that is correct.

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    Yup very strange.
    As you say you've definately got the resources, so it rules that out.
    The only thing I can think of at the moment is a currupt download?

Have you tried downloading the file again?

It will automatically download due to me linking directly to the file above.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    The reboot fixed the rogue processes. After download, I did a manual check with my antivirus and it said both processes were OK.

There was nothing else running at the time at the time of attempted installation. I strongly doubt running out of resources.

Rerunning produces three processes on Task Manager taking 0% CPU time but I observe the same non-installing symptoms as before. There are 12 Gigabytes of memory free and nearly 400 Gigabytes of disc space free. Average total CPU usage is between 1 and 3%. In other words, my machine has ample resources.

It may be permissions related, but running as administrator makes no difference.

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    I imagine a reboot would have fixed that Storm?
    I'm guessing (just a guess) your antivirus software may not have liked it as it's not common software and it has the word proxy in the title.

It was written by a software developer who I trust and who also runs it on his own flight sim site, so I wouldn't worry about any kind of malicious software being installed.

Or more probable that you had things running in the background of your PC meaning it didn't have the resources to continue running the installer, which is why there was nothing in your start menu as nothing had been installed.
    The process your saw running would have been the installer trying to run.

Let me know if you managed to install the proxy program or if you're still having issues.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X