Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belly Full of Screen Hang Up and Screen freezes

Today 10Feb2015 getting more screen freezes and hang ups than you can point a stick at. I have tried everything from re-install to settings only to no avail. Tried HAWGS new SFTweek and still nothing, always hangs. I am running Windows 8.1 and now understand that's my first mistake. With great trepidation this game will be deleted/uninstalled and thrown in the rubbish bin.
    I have enjoyed my time with MSFlights.
    take care
    BuckWing

That's unfortunate. FSX is a great game but I guess you didn't have time to really enjoy it due to the freezes and hangs. Might I suggest a windows downgrade and see if it works? I will provide a link on how to downgrade to windows 8 which I can vouch works perfectly fine with FSX. Works like a charm actually. If may ask what are your computer specifications? Im not trying to be annoying or anything but you are leaving behind a wonderful game. No. Simulator.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-do-...-to-windows-8/

You can choose to disregard this I wont mind. Good luck and hopefully it won't be the last time we see you flying
    [IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0497.png[/IMG]

Comment

I have tried everything.....spoke with Hawg today seem to be busy with other matters. I have asked on TS3 many times to no avail.....seem to be too busy. Never mind

Comment

Today I have spent 5 hours trying to fly from KVLD to KCSG a distance of approx. 132Mn......the closest I got was 10MN

Comment

I am in TS3 at the moment and did ask in the chat box for assistance to no avail
          2.11pm 10feb2015

Comment

I would be able to help but not at the moment.. I have exams in 2 hours.. when I see you around I will drop in and help the best I can. In the mean time you might want to try these guides:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-91546be83065

When running FSX on it you need to run in compatibility mode and keep the "Preview DirectX10," selected to avoid crashing. Also this restricts you to using FSX native models only.
            from http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/in...?topic=19294.0

Im really sorry I could not drop in to ts3.. Have a lot to revise (thats what you get for studying last minute :P )

If you have the opportunity to find Casey.. he might be of help to you.

Good Luck and sorry again.

-k0p

Comment

In brief I have heard of these issues with FSX numerous times in the past. 99.9999999999999999% of the time the cause is the same, Windows 8 in any flavor.

As far as Hawg goes, Hawg contributes an overwhelming amount of his personal time to helping others with technical issues. I'm don't care for the tenor of the discussion that relates to him. Buckwing, I just don't feel it's possible for it to warranted.

Comment

Running it on windows 8 is fine. Beyond that.. I cannot guarantee.. But every problem has a solution. Just need to put more effort into looking for it.
                Are you running FSX boxed or Steam?

As far as Hawg goes, Hawg contributes an overwhelming amount of his personal time to helping others with technical issues.
                This is true. Hawg has already been full handed in the development of the FSTweaker. Maybe its good to give cut the man some slack. He has being doing a lot for the community.

"If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges. - Pat Riley

-k0p

Comment

Hey Buckwing, if your on the boxed version of FSX, I feel your pain. When I first got my PC it had win 8 and FSX ran great no problems, then one day I update to win 8.1. BIG MISTAKE. My FSX crashed when using DX9, and it was just a mess. May I suggest turning on DX10 to see if it fixes your problem? Anyways, I switched to the steam version and it runs fantastic, no DX9 problems, no crashes, no freezes on 8.1. So if you have the funds to get the steam edition ( if you don't already have it ) you should do it! Let me know how it goes! Happy flying! - Pilotman

Comment

Hi, in your other thread you wrote:
                    Originally posted by BuckWing View Post
                    Ever since I updated my computer from XP to 8.1 I keep getting a random freeze or hang not only in the game but windows as well.
                    every thing is up to date, compatible and virus free.
                    any ideas??
                    cheers
                    BuckWing
                    so you run a update of Windows 8 over Win XP. how did you do this? did you got Win 8 as an upgrade or is this a complete version?and please write an info about your PC setup.
                    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                    Staff Member
                    VA-Manager

Comment

Thank you for the kind response, Karl you have taken things out of context, Hawg was very busy at the time. Hard to be in two places at the same time.
                      Gentle people I have tried all and sundry to get FSX working with Windows 8.1 and I am sure there is a resolution there ......where to find that I have yet to discover.
                      During my time with MSF I have had a blast, but sad to say I have uninstalled the game and not in the rubbish bin yet?
                      Bloody sad as I really love the game.;
                      You will be missed
                      Cheers BuckWing

Comment

G'day to Casey...........no mate you got it wrong, I purchased a new computer which came with windows 8.1. ( no update nor any up grade ) ......my understanding is!...... there is no solution to this problem
                        cheers
                        BuckWing

Comment

Pilotman11 your very kind response is taken kindly and with respect thank you and I kid you not it goes a long way. Believe it or not after all this time and searching I have finally found a solution . It is so simple........lmao

cheers BuckWing

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                          Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X