Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Duke View Post
    I only have FSX Steam installed and the client tells me that FSX Steam does not exist on my PC....any suggestions please?
    It can be installed manually. I'll list the steps. If they don't seem like something you can accomplish then send me a PM.

• In the single_user.zip move the file & folder in the MODULES folder to the MODULES folder in your flightsim.

• Go to your FSX folder in the AppData folder ( That is the folder where the fsx.cfg file is stored)

• Open dll.xml with a text editor.

• Insert the following section:
      • <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>DafWings</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>Modules\DafWings.dll</Path>
        </Launch.Addon>

I hope that helps.

Comment

Very successful tests with Storm.
      The results are very encouraging.
      Good and very good positioning of the aircraft, leg 1/2 to 1 sec.
      Other players aircraft representation (model matching) I thing will also be quite manageable.

I think the true test will be how it will perform with large number of people and different simulators so I am hoping many people would make an effort and join the test flight on Tuesday.
      mike404

Comment

Originally posted by N404 View Post

I think the true test will be how it will perform with large number of people and different simulators so I am hoping many people would make an effort and join the test flight on Tuesday.

Good to hear. Looking forward to the big test. Hopefully others will be able to test it and get familiar with it in the upcoming days.

Comment

Working on it boss :eagerness:
          Yours in flight,

Pops :-D

Comment

Originally posted by N404 View Post
            The results are very encouraging.
            Good and very good positioning of the aircraft, leg 1/2 to 1 sec.
            Other players aircraft representation (model matching) I thing will also be quite manageable.

I agree: very successful. Very short lag. Very smooth and no jitter except at very close range (when it's small and bearable). We tried cub and beaver, BD-5, helicopters and supersonic. I'd go so far as to say that the helicopter experience was smoother/better/more enjoyable than I normally experience with straight Classic multiplayer on RedBox! I was astonished. Now we need load testing and diversity testing, but I'm very optimistic for the future.

Comment

I'll participate in testing with P3D, at least initially. I am registered, configured and interface familiar. Any news on granting of an msFLIGHTS.net server license? Ben of DAFSIM is now home from vacation and responding to our requests, correct?
              Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
                Ben of DAFSIM is now home from vacation and responding to our requests, correct?

Yes. Kalo and I have both have communications from him. I don't wish to disrupt the flow or alter Kalo's schedule. I'll leave it up to Kalo to provide any updates in regards to this when he is able. Stay tuned.

Comment

Ben finally got me the server info and I got it setup and running properly. Please e-mail admin@msflights.net the following template so I can create user accounts for you (if you don't want to tell your first and last name, make one up...they are required fields for the program, I don't believe they are displayed publicly in the program):

Desired username:
                  Password (forced uppercase):
                  First Name:
                  Last Name:
                  e-mail:

As soon as I run the installer, it asks for which simulator I have. I tick the FSX Steam and hit "Fresh Installation". Then a red line pops up that says "Sorry....The Flight Simulator has not been found on your PC"
                  This happened to me also with steam, I tried "Install to FSX" and it worked fine for some reason. So it appears even if you have steam just select plain FSX when installing. Also to get dafsim to show up in steam I had to hold down shift and push tab 3 or 4 times to get it to pop up (it seems the steam overlay which is set to shift+tab interferes with it).

I will be posting the msflights server info shortly once I get it permanently set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
                    This happened to me also with steam, I tried "Install to FSX" and it worked fine for some reason. So it appears even if you have steam just select plain FSX when installing. Also to get dafsim to show up in steam I had to hold down shift and push tab 3 or 4 times to get it to pop up (it seems the steam overlay which is set to shift+tab interferes with it)..
                    Steam installs differently when the boxed version is already on the system as opposed to when the boxed version is not. I'm sure that is what is causing the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by karlh View Post
                      Steam installs differently when the boxed version is already on the system as opposed to when the boxed version is not. I'm sure that is what is causing the issue.
                      Ah ok, I only have Steam installed so perhaps if you have ONLY steam installed select plain FSX...otherwise try the steam option first.

Comment

I only have FSX Steam installed and the client tells me that FSX Steam does not exist on my PC....any suggestions please?

oops...I can't insert an image directly and Imageshack screwed up my account so I deleted it rather than fuss with them.

As soon as I run the installer, it asks for which simulator I have. I tick the FSX Steam and hit "Fresh Installation". Then a red line pops up that says "Sorry....The Flight Simulator has not been found on your PC"

The only thing I can think of is that I do not have Steam (and FSX) installed on my C drive bit rather on my m.2 drive....but I don't see a way to change the path on the installer.

This happened to me also. I think it's looking for FSX-SE, but on my pc I ONLY have FSX Steam, not boxed, so FSX Steam is in a FSX folder not FSX-SE. I selected the FSX install and it works fine. I did have to disable the Steam overlay(shift + tab) in the steam menu and than restart steam for the change to take effect.

Comment

Karl, will Tuesday's test now be on our own DAFSIM server, rather than that of FSVintageAir? If so, please can you update the opening post for this event (top of thread) with any new addresses, and especially mirroring Kalo's post on usernames (since requests should presumably now be sent to Kalo and not to Kenny (?)).

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                            Karl, will Tuesday's test now be on our own DAFSIM server, rather than that of FSVintageAir? If so, please can you update the opening post for this event (top of thread) with any new addresses, and especially mirroring Kalo's post on usernames (since requests should presumably now be sent to Kalo and not to Kenny (?)).
                            I hope so Storm. Given the progress that Kalo has been able to make I'd certainly think it looks feasible. But it's still to early to say. Anyone who wished to participate in the Tuesday flight should plan on filling out the form at FSVintageAir until Kalo advises otherwise.

I have to admit, I'm a little excited about it myself. Oh the fun we can have with boat trips in Prepar3d.... Or submarine races!

But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves too much.

Comment

I'll contain my considerable enthusiasm. I sent Kalo an email at admin@msflights.net from RSDunn2@msflights.net that went like this:

[QUOTE]

Thanks, Kalo. Use this info in the order of preference listed, whatever the software wants to behave properly.

I'll stay in touch but I'm very busy with real life now. I'm in Seattle. I'll attend all DAFSIM test flights. I'll use P3D as my sim of preference. I have installed classic, Steam and P3D.

Respects, Bob...

Desired username:
                              ROBERT DUNN 2
                              or
                              ROBERT_DUNN_2

Password:
                              g********r
                              ( all lower case )

First Name:
                              ROBERT
                              or
                              Robert

Last Name:
                              DUNN
                              or
                              Dunn

e-mail:
                              RSDunn2@msflights.net

[CLOSE QUOTE]
                              Respects, Bob ...

Comment

It appears to be running well after a short test flight I did with Karl. Just use www.msflights.net on the network setup page instead of the vintageair site.

I just uploaded the software to our server here: http://msflights.net/pilots/downloads/DafWings.zip

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X