Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAFSIM Test

This event will be a test of the DAFSIM network for use as a multi-platform multiplayer connection method.

• The DAFSIM client does require a user name and ID. The folks at FSVintageAir have agreed to help us with that part. Fill the form out at http://www.fsvintageair.com/FSV-2/fsv_dafwings/dafwings_form.html. Kenny from FSVintageAir will send you an email with the login information. He is busy during the week. I wouldn’t expect a response until the weekend. Be sure to complete the form before 25 September, 2015.

Instructions to assist you in the sample at the end of the post.

• The only part that may seem complicated for some is that there is one range of ports that need to be forwarded in your router. Port forwarding is only tricky the first time you have to do it. Like other things associated with our hobby after you’ve done it once you’ve got the idea. It only gets easier from there. If you need help with port forwarding please do not wait until the day of the test flight.

__________________________________________________ ____

Last edited by Travis; September 21, 2015, 04:30 AM. Reason: Linked picture

I just spend a few minutes with the FSVintageAir guys on their Sunday flight with DAFSIM. What I saw was virtually no lag and very smooth movements of the other aircraft.

It was a very encouraging experience!

Comment

I tampered with DAFSIM a while ago and seem to remember they had ATC software.
      So from an ATC point of view this could be good for those of us who like to control.
      I'll dig out my login details and have a play this week.
      If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
        I tampered with DAFSIM a while ago and seem to remember they had ATC software.
        So from an ATC point of view this could be good for those of us who like to control.
        I'll dig out my login details and have a play this week.

You're right it does.

Comment

I like DAFSIM also. I visited FSVintageAir on Saturday and was impressed with the software and that sister multiplayer community. I'll share more in 2 days on DAFSIM. I wrote staff member Edd about borrowing what I think is a server DAFSIM license he holds. Kalo continues to try and apply for a msFLIGHTS.net DAFSIM server license (free).
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Anyone else having trouble filling out the form to request a userID and password? The field asking for my email address is too short to enter my entire email! Tried many things including using a different browser, but it just won't work. It keeps telling me its an invalid email address no matter what.

I really wish this test wasn't on a Tuesday, I would love to be here for this but Tues. is not possible.
            Happy landings,
            Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

This is just the "designated" test. You can always do an impromptu flight with some others that have DAFSIM. You can perform the same lag, jitter, and other tests that way. As far as the form goes, I haven't heard of anyone having issues.

I'd bet if you send an email to Kenny at fsvintageair he can set you up that way when he gets to it over the weekend. I'll send you a PM with the email address.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbolt View Post
                Anyone else having trouble filling out the form to request a userID and password? The field asking for my email address is too short to enter my entire email! Tried many things including using a different browser, but it just won't work. It keeps telling me its an invalid email address no matter what.

I really wish this test wasn't on a Tuesday, I would love to be here for this but Tues. is not possible.
                It seems that the email field (and the last name, country and city) is only 25 characters long.
                However the first name field is very long indeed, as is the comment field.

Can I suggest that you specify my email address and either append your name with your real email address and/or put it in the comment field. The comment field can also contain a note that you're using my email address temporarily.

Or you can get a new gmail account. Think of something suitably Lazerish to go in the 15 characters before @gmail.com.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just emailed Kenny directly and will wait for a reply.
                  Happy landings,
                  Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Request sent to FSVintageAir. Waiting for answer.
                    [COLOR="#008000"]Josh
                    CW4 US Army Retired [/COLOR]:)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

If anyone else has difficulty with the form send me a PM with the information in the form. I will collect that information and send it to Kenny at FSVintage Air in one email Friday or Saturday.

Comment

If you are using a router or have a combined modem+router, you'll need to do a bit extra at Step 5 (because you have your own little Local Area Network).

See the green arrow? You need to put in the local IP address of the PC you'll be using to run your flight simulator. It probably won't be there automatically. (By default this panel starts with 192.168...... etc. That may be correct already, but you still need to check.)

How do you find your local IP address? If you don't know it, and you don't know where to find it on your modem/router set-up, you'll need to run ipconfig from your DOS command prompt. Don't know what I'm talking about? Look here for instructions. It will probably start with 192.168 or 10.0.

And when you've finished editing this screen (after step 6), don't forget to click the "Save" button!

Comment

According to the text you don't. It says if you are using a router and have more than 1 PC using the router, and you want to fly on dafsim with both at the same time and see both planes for each computer then you will have to set this up. I didn't set this up and it worked fine. But in clearer words... If I went to Karl's house and we both wanted to go on dafsim at the same time, we would both have to set this up if we wanted to see each other.

Comment

I sent in the form a couple days ago. Will set it up for the test when they send me the password. I'm excited about the possibilities with this.
                            “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

I only have FSX Steam installed and the client tells me that FSX Steam does not exist on my PC....any suggestions please?

oops...I can't insert an image directly and Imageshack screwed up my account so I deleted it rather than fuss with them.

As soon as I run the installer, it asks for which simulator I have. I tick the FSX Steam and hit "Fresh Installation". Then a red line pops up that says "Sorry....The Flight Simulator has not been found on your PC"

The only thing I can think of is that I do not have Steam (and FSX) installed on my C drive bit rather on my m.2 drive....but I don't see a way to change the path on the installer.
                              Last edited by Captain Duke; September 24, 2015, 04:49 AM. Reason: spelling
                              “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X