Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coast View Post
    I was a bit reluctant to use the second reference about the Long Island flight since I was not able to verify it from more creditable sources, but I used it only as a possible group flight alternative choice that could be used if you were so inclined.

I also appreciate how hard you work to modify your aircraft, and did not want to imply the engine used in the Jenny was wrong. Personally, I think it fly's great.

-Coast
    No problem. FYI, I modeled the Hispano-Suiza 8A (JN-4H) as a replacement for the Curtiss OX-5 (JN-4D) (like here), using a higher displacement and revs but a lower compression ratio. Not surprisingly, the speed increase was exactly the square root of the power increase, viz. 86 kts maximum instead of 67 kts. However, I have no way of verifying if it was that simple.

I can let you have the changed aircraft.cfg file if you want. (The .air file stays the same.) But I'm not intending to use the JN-4H for the remaining hop to New York (unless people really want it!) as it's a much shorter distance. And it'll be too slow for the transcontinental route in coming weeks.

By the way, next week we will detour to Belmont Park racetrack, where the original flight terminated on Long Island, but we won't land there. Sadly we'd land right through the track - which is just a bit of added scenery - and end up underneath it! So we'll just overfly it and land back at KLGA.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X