Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airshow Image of the Week #2

The last set of images I posted did not seem to interest anyone, but hopefully one of these will.

This week I have selected images taken at the Geneseo Airshow on 2005-07-10 using a simple 4mp P&S digital camera.

I have about 5 more images to post this week taken at this airshow.

-Coast
    "Having fun with friends! "

Very nice pictures, Coast. I really like the resolution. What method did you use to put those in the post?
    Greetings from Dale
    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Taking pictures of flying aircraft is basically about good panning technique, closely controlled camera setting, and great light.

Lighting that comes from almost behind the photographer is best, and the runway of this airshow is oriented to provide great lighting.

Panning technique takes practice, good hand/eye co-ordination, and take lots of pictures!

I give a presentation about how to use a telephoto lens for air show and some types of bird photography to my camera club which is quite detailed.

-Coast

Comment

Wow, I love those shots.

Comment

They look good! That C-47 looks like it is in excellent shape.
          If it ain't Boeing — I ain't going.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0024.png[/img]

Comment

Here are the last 5 from this 2005 airshow that I want to post. I have a bunch more that are not nearly as good, but the one's I did select are representative of the planes that were there.

This one's for IdleLine86.

-Coast

NB: Next week I will post the last picture from 2005 and/or the first one's from 2006. In 2007 I switched to a much better DSLR camera and lens combination, and quality of the pictures I took improved significantly.

Comment

What's the name of that B-25 with the lizard on the nose?

Comment

Its called the "Green Dragon", but I could not find any reference to it in the www.warbirdregistry.com. In 2005 this aircraft was being used to promote a warbird magazine (don't remember which one). I picked up a brochure about it then, but it filed away somewhere a long time ago.

-Coast

Comment

Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
                  What's the name of that B-25 with the lizard on the nose?
                  Did some research, and used the original serial number of 44-30832 and other pictures to find the exact aircraft.

Here is the link to the information on the warbird registry

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b25re...5-4430832.html

Note last line where it states
                  "Historic Aeroplane Works/Warbird Digest, Huntington, IN, 2005"

-Coast

Comment

thanks Coast, very nice pictures and camera skill!

Comment

Great pictures Coast! Keep sharing please

Comment

Can't seem to find where that b25 went. The end of the line is Warbird Digest, but find no info on if they even have planes any more.

Comment

Here are some more from the same airshow. Normally I would not post them, but the 2005 airshow produced a number of relatively good pictures.

-Coast

Comment

Great pictures, which B-17?

Comment

Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
                              Great pictures, which B-17?
                              Its the B-17G Liberty Belle which sadly burned up after an emergency landing on June 13, 2011.

My daughter gave me a birthday present of a ride in the cockpit of this B-17G in 2009. I took a few pictures while on board, and I will try to post them soon.

Here is the link to the www.warbirdregistry.org info for this aircraft.
                              http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b17re...7-4485734.html

-Coast

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X