Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airshow Image of the week (or more often if possible)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airshow Image of the week (or more often if possible)

I have decided to start posting some old and new airshow photos I have taken over the years.

I went digital in 2007, and have a number of RAW or unedited JPG's to edit using Elements/Lightroom. I rarely ever process my old images, but I am now starting to pick out the best ones for others to view here.

I shot three airshows in 2007 (1) EAA AirVenture-Oshkosh (2) Niagara Falls ANG, and (3) Geneseo 1941 Historical Airgraft Group.

Here the one from the second Heritage Flight image I shot in 2007, the first was at AirVenture and will be posted later.

"Having fun with friends! "

Awesome stuff. I like this.

Comment

Great idea to do this. :eagerness:

Question: Do you want us to comment inline in this thread? Or do you want us to leave it clear for your amazing pictures?

Comment

It looks as if the Angle of Attack (AoA) of the F-86 is far lower than that of the F-15! Makes it apparent which one was more "comfortable" flying at that speed.
        Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Please post any comments or image critiques you would like. I have decided that I need to use a new thread for either each week or each month to keep posting images manageable. Any suggestions on how to do this effectively would be appreciated.

So here are my absolute first digital images I shot in Aug 2004 after receiveing a Olympus 765UZ as a present from my family. Previously I shot film, but never had a telephoto lens I needed for aircraft in flight. Most of my film pictures were of ststic aircraft displays.

Here is the B-29 Fifi as it was traveling around visiting different cities on the east coast.

and

Also that year there was a really nice airshow at the Niagara Falls ANG Base with the Blue Angels. Unfortunately they did not fly due to overcast weather, but Fat Albert did.

-Coast

Comment

Please note that these pictures were shot using a shutter speed that was not slow enough to capture "prop blur". I was still learning how to shoot aircraft in flight during this time.

-Coast

PS: Generally I now shot with a shutter preferred mode of between 1/320 to 1/160 of a second depending on the aircraft and specific shooting situation. I use an image stabilized lens to reduce image motion.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X