Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first video :)

Hello all! I have been extremely busy with school as of late, and when I have had time to fly, it has mostly been in Falcon BMS. But I thought I'd drop by, say hello, and post a thread.

I have been tinkering with Sony Vegas for the first time since I got it nearly 2 years ago, and I finally learned enough from watching YouTube tutorials to make my first vid! It's not the best footage, nor the best editing, but it's my first attempt so I'm pretty proud of it :tears_of_joy:

The sim is Falcon BMS 4.32, a dedicated F-16 simulator. This is a short tutorial I was giving to a friend on defensive BFM.

Enjoy!

I like the music

Those battles look like they can last an eternity

Comment

Nice video. That HUD is pretty interesting with the trailing lines.

Does Sony Vegas offer loss-less video editing? In other words, if I have a 1080HD video and edit it, will it save it in the 1080HD format, or will it do some crazy compression for the final product, and lose the definition? I have had this problem when using other video editing tools and am looking for something to prevent this.

Comment

Fellas,

Thanks for the kind words. In the vid the jet is in dogfight mode, hence the strange HUD. Those trailing lines are the gun funnel, a continuously computed digital gun sight based on hundreds of factors. Once out of Dogfight mode and back into NAV mode, the HUD looks almost identical to HUD's on other jets as well. Also, the reason that fight lasted so long was simply because it was a training flight. I had a good simulated guns kill at about the 1:00 minute mark and had I actually gunned him it would have been over right then

C0p0ut - Sony Vegas DOES have loss-less rendering. The first time I rendered the above video I rendered it in loss-less 1080-60i at 60fps but the file size for the 2 minute clip was over 16 gig :disillusionment: The real question is if you can render full quality vids without the huge file size, which is something I'm still trying to learn how to do (if it's possible). If I figure it out, I'll let you know and post a video in the forums as an example.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X