Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great flight with friends

had a great flight with some good friends. and had the most amazing sunset screenshot that i had to share enjoy.
    Last edited by BADAWG; June 13, 2013, 04:08 AM.

Taken at around the same time, :eagerness:

Comment

i like the sun rays coming up from the ground Awesome shot!!

Comment

And the following day, at 400ft under overcast skies, going around Yucatan, looking back from my P-38ST.
        Five of us in V formation: (left to right, looking backwards) Idleline, Coast, Badawg, 4d (who was actually in a Raptor).

Comment

Those p38's just look great in the sky. It's a shame there are no more liveries bundled with it.

Comment

Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
            Those p38's just look great in the sky. It's a shame there are no more liveries bundled with it.
            They do look great don't they! And there are indeed more liveries bundled with it. This is the FSD payware download and I think there are seven liveries included. It's just that when I first produced my custom "ST" variant - combining the modern cockpit from the interior of the Red Bull restoration "J" variant with the exterior modeling and performance of the "L" variant, and adding a whole set of shift-popups - that's the paint scheme we ended up with that wasn't a "named" warbird (like Marge or Go Buggy). So the one you see me, Coast and Idle flying in is the so-called "Factory Fresh" paint scheme, and Badawg is in a Camo.

The good news is that I've recently been discovering how to do repaints, initially for converting the default drab gray of the zippy little Smeiman Stingray amphibian to something more in keeping with its stunning performance. The first Stingray repaint (for Idle) has been a success, so I'm working on a bunch that should be ready in time for the Louisiana state hop this week. If you're flying something else, you'll at least be able to see us as the Stingray will be our bird of choice! After that I'm fixing a Super Cub paint scheme and then I'll be moving on to the P-38, to give it a little variety and to do it exactly as we want.

Comment

Originally posted by BADAWG View Post
              had a great flight with some good friends. and had the most amazing sunset screenshot that i had to share enjoy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]807[/ATTACH]
              NB: I am definitely posting my comments much later than I should have.

First, I would like to say thank you to everyone involved for the opportunity to fly with them on this occasion. I think this thread shows many of the reasons why we fly in FSX and MSF. Simply put its about the fun, the friendship, and the flying. All three are intricately inter-related, and I would be unable to pick the point where one ends and another begins. This is the reason many of us are here night after night, and why want to contribute what skills and talents we have back to this community.

While we are "gamers" in the technical sense of participating in an online multiplayer computer game, we have focused ourselves more to making new friendships and keeping existing friendships in the context of a flight simulation game. How long FSX/MSF will be the primary flight simulation game we use is not clear to me now. Hopefully a new and better flight simulation game will be available when FSX reaches its end-of-life, and we can continue to fly together and widen our circle of friends.

Bottom line here is that its about the people more than the game. When we pick the next "game" it should allow us to have fun, build friendships, and keep flying!

Special thanks must go to Storm for being such a good lead pilot, good friend, and all around fun guy.
              "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

is that the new milviz red-bull p-38?

Comment

Originally posted by adi518 View Post
                  is that the new milviz red-bull p-38?
                  Yes and no. It's a special adaptation I made of the P-38 by FSD (FlightSim Developers). Apparently they incorporated the Milviz offering into theirs, but I don't think it's very new. I call it the P-38ST and several of us fly it.

The P-38ST has the following:
                  * P-38J restoration ("Red Bull") interior and exterior 3D model, used because it allows for a modern cockpit.
                  * P-38L "Factory Fresh" livery.
                  * P-38L performance parameters, used because they're superior to the P-38J.

Additionally, I have installed some different instrumentation to the Red Bull because:
                  * I found the supplied HSI not to work.
                  * I found the audio panel not to work.
                  * I found a bug in the GNS 480 GPS.

Plus I installed a whole bunch of bespoke mini-panel pop-ups, including touring aids, dual GPS and detailed performance charts.

All in all it makes a great civilian touring machine, and that was my intention.

Comment

The recent Milviz product, "P-38 Lightning Redbull Redux" is just the FSD P-38 with higher resolution textures, a different gps and tweaked flight dynamics.

The FSD P-38 was developed by Milviz and published by FSD.
                    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
                    Steam Group:
                    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
                    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Great photos! Wish I would have been there.
                      HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
                      See my videos Here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                      Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X