X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Show on Sat June 1 Photos

Check out the pics
    <iframe src="http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/Zach_Kalb/story/78633/embed" width="650" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    And thanks to Rob for atc

I echo supertzag's thanks to Rob, who did a superb job as ATC in sometimes trying circumstances! :eagerness:

Comment

The focus became more about the operation rather than the performances. I liked the last one much more.

Comment

I want to send my apologies to everyone that participated in my airshow last night. I can promise you I have learned alot from last night and there is only one sentence to explain last night. "I screwed up!" next month there will be a lot of changes. there will never be an air boss. that was the biggest mistake, I mean Rob did a good job but this is a simulator and it is supposed to be fun. so no more air boss. also no more themes. also there is no rules on no talking during a performance. you are allowed to talk to who ever and whenever you want. also we will not make the default airport the airport that the show airport. i will be planning an air show for next saturday to make oup how shitty this one was. i was not happy with this one at all. and once again i truly apolagize for this. -AerobaticPilot69

Comment

I've been to very many real life airshows in the last 50 years or so, and I've found that two-thirds of the fun is what happens on the ground - the stalls, the displays, the talks, the aircraft you can touch and sometimes sit in - and only one-third is what happens in the air. This was the first FSX-based airshow I've been to, and since the ground stuff was obviously ruled out, I came along with no expectations and just watched.

I would say to AP that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself! It's hard to make something engaging and have sustained interest when one set of maneuvers is much like another and - because it's in FSX - there is no element of risk. After all, when the worst crash you can have is "Run time error", there is no bated breath! Meanwhile, organizational lessons can be learned and easily fixed. And if ATC helps with the organization but intrudes on people's enjoyment, let it be on a separate channel.

Just pick yourself up and move forward. Doubtless no one is put off and everyone wants to make it succeed in future. Just don't expect the next one to be perfect either (whatever "perfect" is), otherwise you'll be guaranteed to feel let down. Just relax, do your best and let it be what it is. That way you'll have fun yourself!

Comment

I echo Storm's comments concerning differences between a real airshow, and an airshow on FSX.

A few small points I think might be useful in running a FSX airshow.

1. Airshow performers practice their acts, and perform for a audience located somewhat close to the runway.
            2. An aircraft needs to reasonably close to ground and aligned to the runway when performing.
            3. Acts cycle quickly in 1,2,3,... sequence where each performer knows their number ahead of time.
            4. Time in the air varies by the airshow act, but needs to move quickly enough to keep the crowd's interest.
            5. If you not on time, your not in the airshow.
            6. Locate your aircraft in a staging area early, and be ready to fly when their turn comes up.
            7. Interact with the other "performers" and audience at any time.

Remember this is supposed to be FUN!

CO-AST
            "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Here is a screenshot I took at the back of the pack when lining up for departure in our T-45's for the Alabama State Hop.

Comment

Here is a screenshot I took at the back of the pack when lining up for departure in our T-45's for the Alabama State Hop.

Comment

Great shots guys, I enjoyed them
                  HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
                  See my videos Here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X