Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filming my flying lessons.

If my instructor is fine with it, I would like to start making videos on my experiences. There are a few people I watch on YouTube and 1 of them by the name of MrAviation101. He had recently got his PPL and has been filming his flights since the day he started.

Does anyone recommend any type of camera I should use to film my flights? I will either be in the 172N or the Grumman Trainer but I do not think it would matter because I could just mount the camera to my headset and do it that way.

Picture of the Grumman Trainer's from my flight school (The plane picture matches up with the cockpit picture):

172 Plane and Cockpit Shots:

[B][SIZE=1] "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever
    walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."[/SIZE][/B]

I was planning on doing this on my next flight that we do touch & gos on. I would love to see some of these videos! The FBO that I rent the airplanes from rents out GoPro cameras and a chord to record intercom on for $15 an hour. You could possibly use a GoPro?
    If it ain't Boeing — I ain't going.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0024.png[/img]

Comment

I am thinking that or some other camera similar. What I want to do is put the camera on the side of my head and have something to record my intercom transmissions. If I do save some money I would like to buy a "dash camera" and put it in the plane. I now look and see that all these planes I posted pictures with are only 2 choices I have from my flight school. WOW we have quite a bit of planes lol.

Comment

Great idea! If you can make them as good as this first solo, they'll be wonderful. :eagerness:

Comment

I am sure I can mount a GoPro to a dash so in 3 years when I can do my solo, I will film it like she did but instead of music playing I will have ATC Comms talking.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X