No announcement yet.

G1000 currency flight

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1000 currency flight

Well I don't normally post photos from all my flights but this one was cool because I flew down the coast of GA. between KSAV and KSSI.

Both SAV and SSI have cool departures. SAV you turn out right over the Port of Savannah and over the history district along river street if you are going to the south. SAV and ATL are the only airports that I know that will tell me I need to maintain 120 or greater on approach. Today I had an CRJ-900 Holding short and a United jet coming in behind me. SSI is an uncontrolled field to the south of SAV but its right on the intercostal. The airport is hidden on an island and is very hard to see, I didn't see it until we where 5 miles out on the RNAV. Its in a hole surrounded by tall trees.

Respect !!!!

Comment

If you turn down your scenery density, some of those trees on approach might disappear making it easier to see the ru-- oh... This isn't FSX? :P
      P.S.- Why the Aspen AND the G1000? . . . and in an Archer? With the extra $XX,000 of avionics, they couldda had an Arrow!
      Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
        If you turn down your scenery density, some of those trees on approach might disappear making it easier to see the ru-- oh... This isn't FSX? :P
        P.S.- Why the Aspen AND the G1000? . . . and in an Archer? With the extra $XX,000 of avionics, they couldda had an Arrow!
        HAHA

Well the Aspen Standby and the G1000 work really well together. I think the Aspen last time I check was just about 7000 which isn't bad. The archer was bought to replace the schools aging Warriors which some of them are pushing 9,000 hours. Our Arrows have far less time on them. We also are not planning on buying an Arrow again until piper puts the G1000 in it. Piper has the G1000 in all of there airplanes except for Arrow. The reason being is that the Arrow has an extremely low production number (like piper build 2 last year). The reason why its also not selling well is where it fits in the market. The arrow is a 200HP, 4 seat, Complex airplane, It has to compete with the bonanza, the mooney, in the retractable gear market and then it also has to compete with the 182 (same speed), the Corvallis (higher payload, greater range and far faster). Then on top of that it has to compete in house with the Matrix, which has 6 seats and almost double the payload. Hell even the Archer is about as good as the Arrow, the Archer about 8 years ago got an aerodynamic clean up and now in its current form its only 10 knots slower then the Arrow and has only 100 pounds less in useful load.

So I am very happy with the schools new airplanes, and the panel is nice, there are no "steam" gauges at all, it doesn't even have a compass.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X