Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Off Your Setup!!!

Hi guys! I recently built a new cockpit because the one I have had for a while, well, I built when I was nine so I kinda outgrew it. lol Anyway I would like to see what you guys have as flight simulator setups!

Here is mine:

I am excited to see what you got!
    If it ain't Boeing — I ain't going.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0024.png[/img]

I would, but my desk is a little messy. I also do not have pedals. I would like them.
    Greetings from Dale
    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Originally posted by Sound View Post
      I would, but my desk is a little messy. I also do not have pedals. I would like them.
      Messy? I'll show you messy...

All very simple here. Left to right:
      • Bowl of chips
      • Saitek quadrant
      • Logitech headset with TrackIR LEDs attached
      • Alienware M18XR2 laptop with TrackIR "camera" on top and cooling tray underneath
      • Second monitor 22"
      • Joystick Thrustmaster 16000M Hall-effect
      • Razer Orichi mouse
      • Phone
      • Pint of iced water
      Plus random Post-It notes everywhere.
      Under the desk? Nothing

Comment

Here Is my simple Gaming Rig .Not much but it does the job.

Comment

So Storm how are you programming your quadrant? Looks like the label says AT, flaps, ??

I'll switch mine up depending on the plane... Slowly going through and programming as I fly:
          T=Throttle P=Prop M=Mixture S=Spoiler F=Flaps
          TTPPMM - Twin engine like the Baron
          STTF - Twin engine jet, Lear 45, 737, Citation X -- Thoughts as to what I could use the other 2 axis for?
          STTTTF - 4 Engine jet, 747, C5 Galaxy, B52 (even though it has 8 engines, FSX will only do 4)
          - Michael
          Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterman981 View Post
            So Storm how are you programming your quadrant? Looks like the label says AT, flaps, ??
            The levers are throttle, prop and mixture as normal. I don't intend to replicate levers for separate engines on twins etc. as I am not intending to fly "engine-out" simulation. (If I want to maneuver the Goose on water with asymmetric thrust, I'll use the overheads with a mouse!) Thus all engines will be tied to single levers.

The labels are for the rocker switches only (at the front, below the levers, even though I put labels top and bottom to remind me). I've programmed the rocker switches as follows:
            • Under the throttle lever: Up = Autothrottle, Down = nothing*
            • Under the prop lever: Up = Flaps up increment, Down = Flaps down increment.
            • Under the mixture lever: Up = Autopilot, Down = Gear.

* There's a bug in Teamspeak that seems to combine switches on joystick and quadrant as a single device. It sees the PTT on my joystick as the lefthand down quadrant rocker switch, so I keep that one vacant. This doesn't happen with other applications such as Ventrilo or (of course) FSX.

In addition, there are three extra switches on the quadrant if you lower the levers past their zero detents. Since I rarely fly jets, and don't use reverse thrust, I use them as follows:
            • Negative throttle lever: Parking brake
            • Negative prop lever: nothing
            • Negative mixture lever: Doors/canopy open

The joystick has its own switches. On the stick itself, it has the PTT and up/down trim as normal. However it also has 12 switches on the base. Some are mirrors of the above (as I got the quadrant later than the joystick). However, extras I've put there include:
            • Spoilers/airbrake (near flaps down and gear for quick access).
            • Virtual cockpit camera view (=F9)
            • Overhead camera view (=F12)

Hope that helps and gives you ideas!

Comment

My system!
              Specs: AMD FX-8350 8 core CPU, 2 NVidia GTX 660TI's, Asus Sabertooth 990FX Mobo, 16 Gb of Corsair Vengeance RAM, and a Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler.
              Peripherals: Corsair M95 Arctic White Edition, Corsair K60 Keyboard, Sennheiser 428s, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders and Yoke
              [img]http://www.flightsimlabs.com/images/forum/sig_nobumpsnobangs.jpg[/img]

Comment

My system specs are

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 CPU
                Nvidia GTX 560 1gb video card
                Gygabite GA-970A-D3
                8gbs RAM
                Thermal take CPU Cooler
                PS3 Dual Shock controller, manage rudder with the triggers.
                Central American living wanna be pilot :)

Heavy hauler favorite! Jets:anonymous:
                Most of time near MPTO (Panama) and SPIM (Peru)

Favorite ACs for multiplayer
                B737-800 Any
                CRJ-700 Pacifica
                B747-400 Global Freights
                KingAir-350 Tricolor

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/CzarWilkins[/url]
                :D
                CPU:i5 4670k @4.2Ghz
                RAM:8Gb
                Video:GTX770 2GbRam

Comment

Modified flying desk

Comment

I have the same quadrant, but I cant get my reverse thrust to work. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahblair4 View Post
                      I have the same quadrant, but I cant get my reverse thrust to work. Any ideas?
                      Three things.
                      1. The airplane has to be capable of reverse thrust. Check its "aircraft.cfg" file. If includes the line:
                        reverser_available=0
                        then reverse thrust is not configured for that aircraft. Of course you could always change the "0" to a "1", save the file, and reselect the aircraft in FSX, but that may or may not be realistic.
                      2. In Settings > Controls > Buttons/Keys tab, find the line for "Throttle (decrease quickly)". This normally has "F2" against it in the Keyboard column. Click "Change Assignment" and move your throttle lever down and past the zero detent all the way to the bottom. FSX should say "Button 07" in the box. Click OK all the way out and try it.
                      3. If you have set the thrust reverser on a different lever to the throttle lever - for example, the prop lever - then you must first have your throttle at zero-percent/idle before you can engage reverse-thrust.

Comment

Thank you Storm! I have to reinstall, but then I will try.

Comment

For some reason I have to keep hitting the button multiple times for the thrust reverser to fully deploy. I set everything to your specified settings and it still does this.

Comment

Be sure it's set to repeat. I don't recall if you can do that in FSX, but you definitely can with the full version of FSUIPC.
                            - Michael
                            Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

I did that, but I will try FSUIPC. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X