Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guys test this out for me?

Hey! I need some help testing my FSX server, if you would, please join this ip: removed
    Last edited by WarHawK; May 26, 2013, 02:32 PM. Reason: Editing for longevity
    [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0117.png[/img]

Hey there, even know you probably don't realize this, you are advertising in a way when you post your ip to your FSX Server on our forums. Anyway if you have any questions about FSX, please make sure to post the in the section with the label, "Tech Chat".
    Last edited by Jcom; May 23, 2013, 08:31 PM. Reason: *Anyway*
    [B][SIZE=1] "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever
    walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

I think if I remember correctly he talked to bob about this first. He wants to create a more permanent backup server and he wants to test if his system can hang with the big boys.
      Justin Johnson
      XJJohnsonX
      [email]XJJohnsonX@MSFlights.net[/email]

Any questions about the VA send me a message.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0045.png[/img]

[SIZE=1][COLOR="#696969"]Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit ✈ CPU: AMD FX-8120 ✈ RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 716MHz ✈ Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ✈ Graphics: 2048MB Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 200 Series ✈ Storage: 465GB SAMSUNG; 74GB Western Digital; 232GB Western Digital ✈ Audio: AMD High Definition Audio ✈ Antivirus: Avast! Internet Security[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

This is not the sort of thing that we use the forum for.... if you wanted to test something, grab someone in the room at the time you want to test it. Posting it in forum form makes it sort of not a test...
        HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
        See my videos Here

Comment

Yes, TryHard did discuss this proposal with me and did obtain my prior permission to make a post like this. However, Í'm not the guy who gets to decide so... Let us restate here or elsewhere what is acceptable and not to our msFLIGHTS.net behavior guidelines with regard to such advertising of other servers of any sort here in the forum. I, for one, am not clear on what I personally should be encouraging and what to discourage or prohibit.

I personally will be configuring an alternate/backup FSX-FSOpen host on the privious 17 '"capable laptop'" host and the old router when I return about 16 June. It is my intentions to use this host, among other things, to work in conjunction with another TeamSpeak installation somewhere to experiment with FSOpen's FSX radio-TeamSpeak channel interface. Let me know our policies on such things here.

TRHD_FTW sid ask and dis receive permission for what posts he has made here.
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Thanks for backing me up, Bob! I hope your vacation is doing good!
            [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0117.png[/img]

Comment

To negate any conflicts of interest, this thread should probably be deleted given a short period of time for the "testing" to occur, so as to not encourage other people from misinterpreting the groups position on advertising in the forums. It appears as though it has been about three days since the original post.

How many more days do we anticipate this "testing" period to last?

Comment

Yes, TryHard, it was my intention to verify that you did indeed politely ask permission to discuss your FSX host intentions. I do need now to emphasize that the mods present should be the deciders as to the appropriateness of a thread like we have here and how such threads should be viewed and considered going forward. I am very out of touch and I can only read of our custodians' decisions here in this thread. I have personal interest in our verdict on such auxiliary FSX host experimental servers as I intend to throw one up on my return composed of our original i7 laptop-server & previous Linksys router with JCom's TeamSpeak occasionally to investigate FSOpen FSX radio control of TeamSpeak channels, something that our current host-TeamSpeak configuration cannot be configured for while serving our daily FSXmulti requirements. Let me know, mods, what decision on this we come to. I have no preferences other than to support consensus decisions on this general subject. Thanks, pilots for paying attention to this. Please reset the FSXhost regularly.
                Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X