Dovetail Games Flight Sim World confirmed and releases Early Access in May

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this is the old guy in me...but I don't know that I'm ready to spend the cash for a new sim, including the required hardware upgrades to run it, when I still cannot get FSX to run the way I'd like. I waited almost 10 years to get FSX until my system was up to the job, FS9 started to greatly disappoint me, and there was a sale...and still some days I spend more time tweeking CFG files than flying. And if I can't get the planes I like in the new system, there is little motivation to move away from FSX.

Comment

A very interesting article and thoughts on where the future may be headed.

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/heli...ght-sim-world/
      Per Ardua Ad Astra

Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Novawing24
      Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Novawing24
      Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/novawing24
      Official Novawing24 website! http://www.novawing24.com
      My Onedrive! http://tinyurl.com/novawing24-onedrive

Comment

After watching the Frooglesim sunday news webcast, he mentioned users who purchased Flight School will be able to get FSW for free. This is good news for these people. If this is indeed true, maybe I will download it when I have time.

Comment

From Steam Flight school news page.

Announcement For Flight School Owners

5 MAY - DTG CRYSS
          Following the announcement of Flight Sim World earlier this week, we would like to take a quick moment to thank the virtual pilots who have stuck with us over the course of the past year.

As a way of showing our appreciation for your support, we will be gifting a copy of Flight Sim World to everyone who invested in Flight School. We can't wait to welcome you aboard!

FAQ:
          How do I claim my free copy of Flight Sim World?
          You don't have to do anything, when Flight Sim World is released into Early Access, everyone who's redeemed a copy of Flight School will have Flight Sim World added to their library.

Can I buy a copy of Flight School?
          As stated previously, Flight School is no longer for sale.

What if I have an unredeemed copy of Flight School?
          If you have a copy of Flight School in your Steam inventory you should still be able to activate it.

Oz Flyer.
          David.
          VA Operations Manager.
          SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
          FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

It's a shame Microsoft closed there aces studio down after Microsoft flight became a flop after only out for 6 month's, well one thing is, with the new flight simulator from dovetail games, should be exciting, as I will start doing beta testing soon to see how she handles, so I guess all in all we have p3d and xplane as well, somebody loves us virtual pilots.....

Comment

May 18th release date for Dovetail Flight Sim World is now posted on the Steam site.

Forgive me if this specific day information is already common knowledge. This is the first I've read or heard of an exact release date.

As a Flight School license holder, I am anxious to see how FSW will automatically show up in my Steam library.
              Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Stay abreast of the news at FSW's Community Hub on Steam here.

One thing of note: minimum graphics card spec is Radeon R9 Fury or GeForce GTX 970. Although the 970 was launched back in September 2014, I still wonder how many pilots that spec will preclude. Certainly only the most recent of the PCs I have here would be up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  One thing of note: minimum graphics card spec is Radeon R9 Fury or GeForce GTX 970. Although the 970 was launched back in September 2014, I still wonder how many pilots that spec will preclude. Certainly only the most recent of the PCs I have here would be up to it.
                  Well I for one will be trying it with less then min spec video card and with the GTX970 at AU$400 for a 3year old video card that's out of my price range.

As for the Radeon that was around AU$1000 so they can forget that.
                  Oz Flyer.
                  David.
                  VA Operations Manager.
                  SPAD.neXt Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

~ msFLIGHTS.net ~ NA Flight Sim World server exists intermittently and experimentally. I see from the in-game multiplayer view menu that Little Cube, Frequent Flyer and some pilots with the gamertags "Nehisstorage.dn" "Anton_Milan42" and "Chakapan" have managed to join. For tonight, tho, I personally encourage your participation in Around the World Intermission #7/7: DIVERSION TO BASE ZERO group flight. If there appears to be FSW multiplayer interest within our community, we can assemble and discuss particulars on another night.

As a sim server admin, I find NO router port forwarding necessary. I continue to host FSX Steam TacPack enabled server with forwarded ports concurrently with my FSW server experiment. There are differences, multiplayer FSX:SE vs FSW. I find no ability to open a Briefing Room Chat window in multiplayer FSW. Multiplayer server instructions are in the FSW manual but are VERY abbreviated. I will not post a community FSW multiplayer developmental thread until I have heard from members and staff as to where we what to go with such a server.

Personally, locally, I can open Prepar3D v3.4 Academic single player while hosting FSW Steam ~ msFLIGHTS.net~ NA. I will attempt to use this single client server to fly JoinFS multiplayer sometime in the future. I am experimenting with all this on my client computer (network name "MONSTER") on the residential network that hosts BigBox sim server's FSX Steam TacPack~ msFLIGHTS.net ~ NA and our community's BigBox-MyCloud file server-Novawing JoinFS node map server.

My client computer experimentally hosting FSW multiplayer has not had TeamViewer credentials published but, if there is a sim server admin out there (Nova, Karl, ROO, ? ...) that wants to futz about with FSW multiplayer server here on MONSTER, I would be amenable to such log on permissions.
                    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Very P@#$ off the DTG did not import your Achievements (If any) into FSW from Flight School.
                      Oz Flyer.
                      David.
                      VA Operations Manager.
                      SPAD.neXt Beta tester.

Comment

So whos flying in FSW then? Im downloading it as i speak so will post thoughts shortly!
                        sigpic

Comment

It is less realistic than fsx(flight model). I know I have high expectations, but I would rather fly FS9 to be honest. Sorry, but maybe after thier year or 2 of beta testing, they might develope something good. Also not enough control features yet like FSUIPC has to offer. This is important to me. I didn't see an elevator trim(may have missed it) for a button press. I will stick to P3D and look forward to paying 60 bucks for thier next release.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz-Flyer View Post
                            Very P@#$ off the DTG did not import your Achievements (If any) into FSW from Flight School.
                            Actually, you can.......check out this link.....

http://steamcommunity.com/app/389280...s/#scrollTop=0

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
                              I will stick to P3D and look forward to paying 60 bucks for thier next release.
                              And it will be "Ready", maybe with 2-4 hotfixes during the next year...only your work will be, installing scenery and aircrafts, if available, and fly...

just my belief...
                              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                              Staff Member
                              VA-Manager

Comment

bought it, installing tonight

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X