Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Graphics Card

Well as some of you know, I was planning on sending my graphics card in because of some issues it was having with the fans and a burning smell. Well, I did it today. I don't expect to see it back for at least 2-3 weeks. This means I wont be Flight Siming for that time or playing any other games... Oh well, guess I just have to focus on school. So I probably wont be on discord as much, but I will still check the forums regularly and pop on discord from time to time. Thank goodness for integrated graphics running through my CPU. I still have a workable screen for school work.

pausing now
    mike404

Comment

You want to barrow my flight sim 98....that should work....LOL
      [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0027.png[/img]

Comment

If that doesn't work I have a 5.1 CD on my desk, or my 3 Harrier Jump Jet floppy disks. (I'm finding all sorts of cool old stuff.. Flight Unlimited, Falcon 4.0, US Navy Fighters... Wonder where Jane's is...)
        - Michael
        Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Haha! Thanks for the support guys!

Comment

Were you able to get ahold of them and see if they will let you upgrade to the 1080?

Comment

Havent called just yet

Comment

Missed the thread yesterday. Good ideas. I can send you some plans to make a paper airplane.

Comment

Please do Karl. I'm dying over here!!! just kidding. I just contacted them and they can't offer an upgrade replacement until they look at the graphics card.

Comment

I got you . :tongue-new:
                    [IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
                    [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

Well, they are sending me a new graphics card. Which one? I don't know for sure. My email states it is a 1080, but the RMA check site states it is a 980ti. Both are "up to date" with the shipping label/tracking number given today. I guess the only way I will know for sure is when it gets here on Monday.

Comment

Mind if I ask what manufacturer? I ask as if it was EVGA, and does end up being a 1080, they have a problem that you'll want to make sure is already fixed.
                        http://www.evga.com/thermalmod/

I have yet to receive my thermalpad order (and I see it is now updated with new firmware for me to install... fun)
                        - Michael
                        Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Mine is Asus

Comment

I've got one of those 1080's installed in my client computer, now permanently installed in my Las Vegas house. I will need to decide how to handle this potential overheating and remedy it somehow but that will have to wait.

I'm currently in Henderson for two days, driving to Long Beach, CA for 4 days for a family reunion, back to Henderson for another (in-law) get together on Saturday, 12 NOV and then driving back to Seattle area with Honey to finish repairs and cleaning on the sold house, then back to Las Vegas with another rental truck as the final culmination of this arduous adventure in moving. I anticipate rejoining my friends within our community (shall I say family?) shortly before the Thanksgiving weekend.
                            Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Well, my card has been delayed a day because it wasn't picked up by FedEx the day it was supposed to be. It is now supposed to arrive Tuesday(tomorrow). Also, there has been no tracking updates since it left the city of the departure point. The flight sim withdrawals are getting pretty intense now! My head keeps twitching around when I am sitting at my desk! Haha, JK about the twitching : P It should only be (in theory) another 24 hours or so before I get it, but I am very anxious to see what I get in the mystery box.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X