Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edd2287 View Post
    Ok here is the questions i think we should ask ourselfs before we comment further.

1- Do we need an official formation team?

2- Do we still encourage formation groups to use our facilities anytime?

3- Are the team approaching us respected and trusted members of Msflights?

4- How will this add to the workload of the staff and MA's?

5- How have previous experiences affected our current way of thinking?

My personal answers to the above. Not the Msflights.net community opinions.

1- I feel we do not need and official team to represent us just as we do not have an official tubeliner group or any other division out there representing us in the wider community. We participate and host cross community flights for that purpose.

2- Absolutely we encourage anyone with a passion for aviation to join our corner of the internet. However msflights was founded on a small group of hobbyists that flew group flights together initially on Microsoft flight but progressed to other sims as time passed and audiences broadened as part of that many people have set up small groups of particular flights to indulge there passions for example the ATC section,Storm stalkers,Military,Bush pilots,Virtual airline. These are all in house groups and none of them are aimed at being outside representatives of our community. There is an option to set up a group on our forums for people to join if you so wish.

3- This is a tricky one. The group approaching us at this time have had some serious problems we had to deal with and one of there members (I believe has now left) is a well known troll on youtube who disrupted many servers. There flight lead features in his videos engaging in those activities. So from my personal opinion no they are not a respected and trusted group and many times in the past these groups form here for the intention of recruitment and we actually lose member to there teamspeak servers more often than we gain new ones. We do host airshows and invitations are open to all communities. So flying here as a group is encouraged just not "an official thing we do".

4- We have seen in the past the workload this has produced and it proved to be more than it was worth. And now with the member badge thing it will double the previous workload. Remember the staff here are volunteers who also come here to fly we do not come here to work. As i say many times we are here to help if need be but if that workload becomes so large it stops me flying the i will leave the badge on the table.

5- We as a group have tried many times to incorporate teams of formation pilots here it never works quite how the teams expected due to the nature of the group here. Please remember one of those teams was mine a few years back and it worked for a short time then many others decided they didn't want to fly that aircraft or manoeuvres and went and created there own team. at one stage we had 4/5 and to be honest they caused alot of trouble and tarnished the msflights name (mainly the snowjets). I could see this happening and took my team out of here before those teams damaged the reputation of mine (The FSX Red Arrows).

Though i think formation teams are great and i do encourage and enjoy watching a team progress i do not feel we would benefit from an official team in a way we wont benefit from them just being here and flying as another one of our niche groups.
    Hope this clears up my thoughts and hopes you process yours.
    Edd.
    I agree 100%, if someone want's to fly formation on our servers, fine. But there is no need to have an official team, and ESPECIALLY deciding for one to be branded official when it hasn't even been established.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

As a new member, here's my two cents.

Rather than an "official" team, why not host a virtual airshow instead...those that want to form a team can. Those that want to put on a solo display can. Those that just want to show up and watch...can.

Also, nothing against jet demo teams (I watch as many as I can thank you youtube!) but how about a prop group, or a unique group flying spacecraft or something. Again not as "official" but as something we want to put together as a group of like minded pilots.

thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, professor. Members of msflights do host airshows from time to time, and they can be quite varied in content, though it has been a few months since the last one. Maybe your hint will spark renewed interest.

Comment

hey professor thanks for the suggestion. As storm said we do host air-shows there are 2 annual ones that spring to mind. how ever we encourage any member to put together a group flight/event in our calendar so if you would like to organise an air show please do there are many including myself that will offer any help you may need!
          sigpic

Comment

Im not good enough to be part of a show team but I love formation flying and would make it when I can. I can't always make scheduled practices due to my work schedule but really enjoy group formation flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              Thanks for the suggestion, professor. Members of msflights do host airshows from time to time, and they can be quite varied in content, though it has been a few months since the last one. Maybe your hint will spark renewed interest.
              I would like to host a Airshow featuring various aircraft from many eras (IE - Spitfire; CF-18 Hornet), Maybe I can find time to do this
              [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bxRa80i.jpg[/IMG]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5][COLOR="#FF0000"][B]Home Airport (s): CYWG - Winnipeg & CYQQ - Comox[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X