Dovetail Flight Simulator Announcment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for $15, its not so much the sim I'm after, I mean it is, but Im looking forward to the actual training aspect. I havent heard much discussion regarding the tasks, or missions if you will, that make it aim towards a training aid. Is it going to be the trainer Ive been hoping for, or just a goal-based, single player FSX?

UPDATE: Also, just watched a video, and it is, quote unquote, "Its designed to get people who are interested in flight simming, or have never tried it before, or people who haven't played for a while. Its designed around a series of nice, small, simple lessons that build in complexity." Not sure if its going to be my cup of tea, but Ill prolly get it anyways :topsy_turvy:

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
      hmm, kinda disappointed to be honest. Looks just like FSX with orbx scenery installed.
      That's exactly what it is they have publicly said they are using the fsx esp engine and orbx textures. So the flight school is a 64bit version of the fsx missions nothing more. I hope they don't do that with the full flight sim it will be a huge disappointment. We already have a rebranding of fsx that is p3d although not 64bit but if fsx runs fine arm 64bit won't make enough of a difference for me to spend my money.

As spliffy said it is marketed as a product for people with an interest in flight sim so probably not going to suit our hardened simmers. However if I could get fsx with orbx global for that price and not the money I've poured into my sim I would take it as a beginner so for the new guys it's a good first step. But my sim looks they way I want now and the missions don't appeal to me so I'll wait for the full sim and see what they do to persuade me to buy it besides needing to for an sdk. If they release one.
      In short hardened simmers will probably not get much from it but new comers or trainee pilots will. That's how i see it from shots,videos and articles I've seen.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X