Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some msflights.net military clarification please.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some msflights.net military clarification please.

I have been asked alot lately what is this msflights military thing and my answer is "i really dont kno from what i can see its either tac pack stuff or carrier stuff"

so can someone possibly clear a few things up so i can inform people correctly and also so people can read it here:
    • Is this a virtual Airforce running mock missions or just tac pack and carrier ops?
    • Do you require any special skill set or software to join?
    • Do you have regular events or just when real world activities allow?
    • What server is this running on?
    • Who is the main guy to go to if i want more info?

Thanks in advance for the info and hope this gets rid of some of the confusion im seeing on the teamspeak server.
    I love seeing our members put together stuff like this keep it up!
    sigpic

You already know my response to this line of questioning.... lol
    HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
    See my videos Here

Comment

I do hawg. but this was about the group i keep seeing pop up in the event thread and the questions people ask me about it. DCS is still my goto for military aviation
      sigpic

Comment

I noticed a tac pac MSflights Locked server on Steam and No regular Server the other day. Very good question? I can only get AI Carriers to work on Boxed Version and pretty much gave up trying to get it to install on Steam. But i have used it On FSD and it performs quite well.

Comment

I have AI carriers working with Steam although I don't use it.

My Carrier of choice is the scenery Carriers in this Thread.

Because it's scenery it means that anybody else with the scenery will see the carriers your using without installing AI carriers.

The scenery will work with FSX Steam, Boxed and P3D ASAIK.

It installs 2 carriers off the coast near KNTU NAS.
          If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

I'll give you the best answers I can, but Airwolf is the guy to talk to...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally posted by edd2287 View Post
            [*]Is this a virtual Airforce running mock missions or just tac pack and carrier ops?
            A little of both, Most of everything centers around training right now. Currently they are running carrier ops on some days (doing carrier qualifying/help or encouragement), others they are doing tacpac missions using FSX@War in conjunction with tacpac.
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            [*]Do you require any special skill set or software to join?
            No, simply the willingness to learn, but tacpack is important if you want to participate in tacpac Tuesdays.
            [*]Do you have regular events or just when real world activities allow?
            I don't think so....?
            [*]What server is this running on?
            Sometimes it is on boxed, sometimes classic. In both cases BigBox will be setup as necessary (usually with a password).
            [*]Who is the main guy to go to if i want more info?
            AIRWOLF
            Side Note: AI Carriers is not compatible with steam if you have the Java version. However there is a .net version that works with both editions(Downloadable here)

Airwolf: If anything is incorrect please correct it... and make a post.
            [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
            [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

Sorry guys, I missed the thread. Thank you, Razor, for helping answer the questions. We are having regular events that are posted on the group flights calendar. Mondays we do non-TacPack events and Tuesdays are TacPack events. We can accommodate both boxed and steam versions of fsx but the majority of people seem to have steam so that is what we have been using. We encourage anyone and everyone of all skill levels to come join the fun. Any questions can be directed to me. Razor (Spade 2) is my indispensable "Number 1" as well.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X