Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In regards to Elite Dangerous

I am proposing the idea of fleet night for ED, in which the people get together and go exploring in the awesome huge world of Elite Dangerous. Kind of like a FSX group flight, but in SPACE. I would like to meet with some team members to talk about this idea. Looking forward for input, see you in the air pilots.

Your Friend,
    Jake:eagerness:
    [IMG]http://picresize.com/images/tagdf.jpg[/IMG]

Shoot; I'd be all for it, but I left my ship way out by Sag-A*... It'll take at least a week before I make it back within 1000LY of Sol, and that's if I don't get distracted by all the interesting (and valuable) stars and planets on the way (impossible).
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Jake, nice idea, though Wingman raises a valid point. Elite has no "spawn at chosen spaceport" mechanism, so you start where you left off. Several of us have phases for simply going out into the black, exploring, and we might be away for weeks at a time. Even on interruptible trade runs, we can be at opposite ends of the bubble, and we may need to get back to base to change to a more appropriate ship and then head out to a rendezvous point. If I happen to be in my combat Vulture with its tiny fuel scoop, it'll take 45 minutes plus to get from A to B.

We've had a lot of fun in the past doing community goals together. These have not been on a scheduled basis, however. And it can be fun just hanging out in channel together while doing different tasks in very different parts of the galaxy. Not trying to be discouraging here, and new ideas are always good, but just sharing what's worked in the past.

Comment

Storm i like your idea of community goal, i absoluty love that idea, a community mission.
        [IMG]http://picresize.com/images/tagdf.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
          Storm i like your idea of community goal, i absoluty love that idea, a community mission.
          I'm using standard Elite terminology there. A Community Goal (CG) is one set by Frontier, not by us. They are announced periodically on GalNet (and copied onto user forums) as part of the ongoing galactic future narrative. CGs may be combat, trade, or exploration based, and deliver substantial financial rewards (in-game credits) for graded/tiered personal and community performance. By community is meant the overall Elite user base (i.e. hundreds of thousands), not just the msflights aficionados.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X