•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mm3_miller
    replied
    Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
    Brian was a long time friend of mine. Thank you for letting the community know of this sad news. Condolences to Brian's many other friends thruout the simming world and to his extended family.
    You know Bob, when they said Liver Disease, I couldn't believe that at first, but remembered he liked his Royal Crown Whiskey... I guess it caught up with him... I always thought he would go out being ridden too hard by that beautiful young wife of his on top... :-) LOL ROFLMFAO... You know... go out in style... ;-)

I keep expecting him to pop on too... with his unique, quirky, and his gentle sense of humor...

By the way everyone who is NOT Familiar... (Abbreviations from the OLD School BBS days) For some of you KIDS who never had experience using these terms. (Only learned from texting on your damn call phones) or the old folks (like us) who remembered those days... They've been around a heck of a long time.

LOL - Laugh Out Loud.
    ROFL - Roll on the Floor Laughing
    ROFLMFAO = Roll on the Floor laughing my f***ing ass off
    BTW = By The Way
    BBS = Bulletin Board Systems.
    BBS = Be Back Soon
    STFU = Shut the f*** up
    AFK = Away from Keyboard

Reference: https://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/...reviations.asp

SNAFU = Situation Normal All F***ed up
    Fubar = F***ed/Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition/Any Repair/All Reason

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ry_slang_terms

If I use military slang, it is by habit... i post the links to help understand the terms i regularly use even after being out for 10+ years...

Respectfully,

MM3 Nathaniel Miller, USN Ret.
    (Writer/Protected Veteran)

Leave a comment:

• mm3_miller
    replied
    This was for ATPJET on the FlightSimXCo site... We did it to honor his passing. It might be incorrect, but its just a blurb

The bottom is a personal memory that will sooo remind me of Brian...

Death and Location:

He passed due to complications of Liver Disease while living with new wife in Phillipine Islands.

Age/About our Fallen Member:

He was 71 yeasrs old, Born in 1947, (Houston, TX)
    He served multiple tours in Vietnam and the Phillippines in the United States Navy. After the war was over he worked as an ATP Charter Pilot for many years, having traveled all over the world.
    --
    He will be MISSED! He was a good friend to the many members of this server, also several others. He was helpful, also lending his knowledge/experience as needed for aviation in rl/simulated. An excellent pilot in the real world and simulation.

An Officer and a Gentleman.

May you fly home and rest in peace, in the presence of the Lord, Forever...

---
    Psalm 23:1-6

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

For my personal memory...

------ For Brian - This sooo will remind me of him... ------

A quote from Full Metal Jacket: (Spoof)

Da Nang Hooker : Hey, baby. You got girlfriend Vietnam?

Lieutenant Byers: Not just this minute.

Da Nang Hooker : Well, baby, me so horny. Me so HORNY. Me love you long time. You party?

Lieutenant Byers: Yeah, we might party. How much?

Da Nang Hooker : Fifteen dollar.

Lieutenant Byers: Fifteen dollars for both of us?

Da Nang Hooker : No. Each you fifteen dollar. Me love you long time. Me so HORNY.

Lieutenant Byers: Fifteen dollar too beaucoup. Five dollars each.

Da Nang Hooker : Me sucky-sucky. Me love you too much.

Lieutenant Byers: Five dollars is all my mom allows me to spend.

Da Nang Hooker : Okay. Ten dollar each.

Lieutenant Byers: What do we get for ten dollars?

Da Nang Hooker : Every t'ing you want.

Lieutenant Byers: Everything?

Da Nang Hooker : Every t'ing.

Lieutenant Byers: [to Lt. Dobbins] Well, old buddy, feel like spending some of your hard-earned money?

---
    Happy Landing at the Next Airport Destination, buddy... You are cleared for Departure..

Leave a comment:

• Spliffy
    replied
    Brian was a kind soul, and he will be sorely missed... I enjoyed many a late evening listening to the many stories he had to tell. Always interesting, and always captivating. Rest easy, old friend, your wings are now forever with the sky.

Leave a comment:

• c0p0ut
    replied
    It's never easy losing someone, whether they be a family member or friend. For many he filled both roles. I'm sorry to hear of this; a loss indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    Always sad to hear about the passing of a friend. I'm glad he was able to enjoy the last few years living in the Philippines.

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    Brian was a long time friend of mine. Thank you for letting the community know of this sad news. Condolences to Brian's many other friends thruout the simming world and to his extended family.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    Thank you Miller. This is shocking news. Brian was a regular flier in this community for quite some time. I remember his favorite GA plane was my version of Simon Smeiman’s Stingray amphibian. Others will have their own personal memories. I’m sure I speak for the whole community in wishing to pass our sincere condolences on to his wife.

Leave a comment:

• mm3_miller
    started a topic ATPJET (Brian Byers)

ATPJET (Brian Byers)

He has passed away as of a week or so ago... we got the word from his wife to Skyhook (Murray) in Albert-EH (Alberta) who was close to him and his friend John643 in Nevada... According to his wife he died of Liver disease, Complications and Ring Relief an inner ear infection... It is an end of an era... There is no information on the funeral arrangements or where he is to be buried, i would certainly hope, being a Vietnam Veteran of the United States Navy, that he is buried at Arlington, VA ... It would be fitting end and respectful for a Veteran.

Anyway, when i get MORE information I will certainly pass it along.

Respectfully,
    MM3 Nathaniel Aaron Miller, USN Ret.
    (Protected Veteran/Gentleman Writer)
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X