Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msFlights PREPAR3D v2.5 server is now active in open beta test

Our community presents an open beta test of a recently configured Lockheed Martin PREPAR3D v2.5 multiplayer server at IP address 70.180.235.53. Recent closed beta testing has proven successful, stable and efficient. It is our intention to run this server in open beta test as well as permanent final configuration 24/7 and to make this P3Dv2.5 server available and advertised to all interested P3Dv2 pilots and simming communities upon completion of a short public beta testing period.

Successful P3Dv2 multiplayer connection requires version 2.5.12945.0 obtainable via a hotfix patch available from Lockheed Martin's PREPAR3D.com website or a fresh installation of the latest available install files at v2.5.12945.0. Please confirm that your in-game (NOT router) P3D multiplayer ports forwarded are set to the default 6112-6122. Port settings are located at menu Flights/Multiplayer/Network Settings/Host Settings/Port Range.

Please use this thread to report your successful connection to this P3Dv2.5 server or failure to establish a multiplayer connection. Also, use this thread to report other multiplayer problems, experiences, requests or suggestions. Our TeamSpeak Servers listing (right hand TeamSpeak information pane) has been updated to reflect this server's activation.
    Respects, Bob ...

I connected fine... only two barons on the ground, yours and msflights.net... it was a lonely airport
    Do you guys have a schedule for some activity?
    am a noob really when it comes to prepar3d ... and computer simming in general, wouldn't mind getting a little up to speed over the coming months...
    cheers, Rev.

Comment

Thanks for your multiplayer connection report, Rev. Additionally and separately, I have changed your forum usergroup from registered user to verified user, an administrative step necessary to fully enable your forum participation. You are now a full fledged community member and the assignment to verified user group adds an ability to read and post external hotlinks.

Rev, at this time there are very few PREPAR3D pilots active. It is my hope and the hope of those P3D enthusiasts to augment those pilot numbers and get something viable going in P3D both here at msFLIGHTS.net as well as in the broader simming world. I encourage you to seek out user ATPJet (who's computer was donated to the community for this P3D hosting purpose). ATPJet is on our TeamSpeak regularly. Additionally, Alex-N5024P, JOSH, Oz-Flyer, Captain Redneck, Waterman and myself have connected successfully to this P3Dv2.5 server. I will personally attempt to expand knowledge of this fledgling P3D multiplayer server more broadly in the coming weeks. There exists several private P3Dv2.5 servers of which I am aware but this msFLIGHTS.net P3D server is intended to be open and public, not restricted to msFLIGHTS.net members and available 24/7. Aspire simming community runs a private P3Dv2.5 server. FsFlyboys runs a private P3Dv2.5 server with unique port forwarded configuration (not our default 6112-6122). Easy Airways runs a public P3D server listed on FSOpen.co.uk/sessions listing but they operate in Espanol and I have never had any luck connecting to Easy Airways' server.

Rev, please post an introduction of yourself, your needs and intentions on our forum introduction section. I'll look for your words there and further attempt to integrate you into our community. In that introduction, please state if you have any other flight simming platforms available to you besides P3D, such as FSX classic boxed edition, FSX Steam edition, the now multiplayer incapable Microsoft Flight or Digital Combat Simulator. All these simming platforms are supported and active within our community. We also have an active Elite Dangerous space simming contingent that is becoming very popular.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I have broadened our community's beta testing of this P3D server with the invocation of some of the tools of FSOpen. However, currently, I do not choose to run the FSOpen text and command bot until I am in personal attendance to the computer hardware on Tuesday, June 30th. This P3D server is now viewable on the FSOpen servers list The listing brands this P3D server as an msFLIGHTS.net facility. The FSOpen TeamSpeak link is to our own. The hotlink URL is our homepage.

This FSOpen server list can be viewed here:

http://fsopen.co.uk/info/sessions/

The FSOpen map hotlink button is correctly connected and that map can be browser-viewed here:

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/maps/index2.php?HostID=3954

The FSOpen pilot list and flight plan hotlink button can be browser-viewed here:

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/gwt/shared/p...e/?HostID=3954

In FSOpen Server2 configuration settings, there is NO ban list. I do not intend to incorporate the community's current FSX classic ban list unless I am counseled otherwise for either philosophical or practical reasons. Except for spawners, no aircraft is FSOpen software blacklisted. In order to facilitate the sometimes packet intensive training aid of cockpit sharing, the packet kick limit is set to NEVER kick. There exists NO runway spawning kicks. In-game voice is DISABLED. Client-pilots can pause their game, slew and completely manage their own realism settings.

As P3D does not have a real world weather feature built into its sim, the weather theme is set to fair weather. Real world weather can be fetched to game client-side only with Active Sky Next or other free and pay weather engines. Your results with third party weather engines may vary.

Server time is set to the community's default of minus 7 hours from real time. The host airport is currently Vancouver International, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada CYVR. The host role is a Baron 58 sitting at GA parking 12 at CYVR.

It is my intention, after another week of open beta testing and refinements (based on pireps) to more fully announce this P3D server's existence on other relevant websites and forums. This includes, but is not limited to, FSXMultiplayer.com (that bot currently in use on our own FSX classic main server), PREPAR3D.com forum, AVSIM and several of the major independent simming communities' websites (I am registered most places).

I solicit both member and staff comment on the general nature, configuration and proposals regarding this platform's multiplayer use. I have generally received affirmative comment on this effort by those concerned within our community, both member and staff. I continue to be fully aware of the contraindicating arguments on the creation of yet another platform within our community such as pilot numbers dilution, fragmentation of existing and new members and additional cost. (The P3D software is sixty bucks US.)

Thanks for reading. This day I have created a thread of announcement on FSOpen forum viewable here:

http://fsopen.co.uk/forum/posts/list...?threadid=3630
        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Great work Bob,
          Thank you for putting in the time to set the P3D server up and making is work for the community to use.
          This will add to your community name in the Flight sim world of being one of the leaders.
          Oz Flyer.
          David.
          VA Operations Manager.
          SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
          FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X