Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft of Choice?

So I have a question for all of you pilots out there.
    If you could choose any airplane in the world to own and/or fly, which one would it be and why? What would you look for in selecting an airplane? Personal Enjoyment? Efficiency? Practicality?

This is just for the purpose of discussion; We enjoy the luxury of selecting whatever aircraft we want at any time of course in FSX, but I'd be interested in seeing what people come up with when this kind of question is applied to real life and if they were able to choose any aircraft they want.

I would love having a p40 (crazy, i know). Even though there wouldn't be much practical use of owning one, I would get a lot of enjoyment out of bringing it to airshows around the country for static display and talking with people about the aircraft and what it's like to fly it. I don't do a lot of travel out of state, so something like this would work I think for me personally.

How about you? What aircraft would you choose if you could own any aircraft in the world? (Disregarding cost of ownership)

I would almost think of this like motorcycles... I've said to my friends for years ya need 5 motorcycles.
    1. The around town cruiser, doesn't have to be super comfortable, but looks/sounds awesome.
    2. The large touring bike, like a Goldwing, for the long multi-state trips.
    3. The dual sport bike to take on dirt roads and such, but suitable for long trips.
    4. The bullet bike for track days, or when you just want to go fast.
    5. And the dirt bike, for all the off-road fun.

I would say the same could be applied to airplanes:
    1. The family plane - something small to get your family around on short trips - Something like a 182, to a Baron... along those lines.
    2. The personal jet - Citation X for sure here... faster and higher than the "norms"
    3. The bush plane for when you want to go out... could do a 182 here, but I'd honestly go Carbon Cub SS. Sure it's small and slow, but the takeoff's/landing that it's capable of would be fun.
    4. The acrobatic plane - I'd go for something along the lines of the Extra... that style for acrobatics.

If I had to pick one it would probably be like the 182. That way I could at least haul the family a bit, and hit the mountain strips here. I'd probably regret it though a bit as I will have compromised... So yeah, at least 4... (Of course then there is the 777, or the F-22 that would be awesome as well, but then we're just making the list huge... )
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

I would like an autogyro please = very safe, take off/land almost anywhere, roadable, wife on-board. Like this:

Comment

I'm going to steal Waterman's thing.

The family plane - PA-42-1000 Cheyenne 4000 (Just look at this thing, holy crap!)
        The personal jet - Gulfstream g650
        The warbird - P-63 Kingcobra (I can't get enough of that airplane)
        The acrobatic plane - MXS-RH
        [IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48621161/CSS/HGPAULnew-text.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

An F-4S Phantom II from VMFA-321 in their old airshow colors. Either nose number 13 or 000 (triple nuts). My father was a hydraulics mech and painter for that unit during the end of the era of Phabulous Phantoms. Having had the opportunity to see several F-4s at airshows for demos and having a family connection to them, I'd love nothing more than the roar of two J79s and a rock that thinks it can fly. Since this is an idealized scenario, I wouldn't even have to worry about paying for fuel or maintenance. Muscle car with wings please! As for efficiency, well it's efficient at making noise, and that's all I care about!
          When God finally says, "King, my office. Now!" I want to go barreling in there half spun out with holes in my clothes, smoke rising from me, and my hair in a mess. I want to be busy. I don't want to go explain myself and not have a great story to go along with it.

Comment

Cherokee 180, just because the are comfortable, fast, safe and somewhat roomy (and a large payload capacity)
            When you put me and Superman Together, it's called a Superbug

Watch me on YouTube @ [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224"]https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224[/URL]

Comment

Either a Cub or a Decathalon, just something to have some fun in.
              Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
              Steam Group:
              http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
              YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

For having fun why not an ultralight.
                For flying around with family and friends ATR & DASH-8.
                Personal jet a B757-200 .
                World Travelling B777
                Central American living wanna be pilot :)

Heavy hauler favorite! Jets:anonymous:
                Most of time near MPTO (Panama) and SPIM (Peru)

Favorite ACs for multiplayer
                B737-800 Any
                CRJ-700 Pacifica
                B747-400 Global Freights
                KingAir-350 Tricolor

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/CzarWilkins[/url]
                :D
                CPU:i5 4670k @4.2Ghz
                RAM:8Gb
                Video:GTX770 2GbRam

Comment

I could no sooner choose which is the perfect cherry blossom.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X