Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Infection!!!

Their is something on my task bar telling me to get Windows 10! Must be some kind of virus, at least that's what I am sure FSX will think : P Well so here it is, Windows 10. I will be waiting a few months to even think about "upgrading" to 10. I really hope it is nice and compatible with everything. If anyone decides to take this leap with FSX, BE WARNED! good luck and please post here on our forums about your experience!

yeah the rollout of Win10 will start on 29th of July....
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

Somebody else on the forums tried the Beta for WIN10 and they said it worked perfectly fine. But I guess it's different for every machine
      When you put me and Superman Together, it's called a Superbug

Watch me on YouTube @ [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224"]https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224[/URL]

Comment

I, like Travis, will probably wait the first month or two. Well at least on my FSX machine. From what I have read people have been having a min. amount of problems with the update/upgrade and FSX (no mods). Few things leave me reservation.

1.) Something like this is always a good time to think about a clean install, of everything :dejection:. Its also a great time to clean out all those files amassed over the last year or so. With FSX I have found that I did a ton of playing with settings, installing 3rd party plugins, 3rd party software and interfaces to not only my computer but my tablets as well. So I know I am going to have to go through the whole network and server(s) I set up, thats just plain busy work and no fun at all. (soooo boring)

2.) I want to make sure that the core of my 3rd party software works first. Most stuff I can live without but a few I know I would miss.

On the plus side this could fix a few things. I wish I could say that this machine was only for FSX but I do many other things and may just be forced to update if some feature is released for other software that I just gotta try... :topsy_turvy:

Comment

Ive been running 10 for months now. I have to say its much better than 8. I can see why they skipped 9, to distance from 8. Interested to see what will break when the upgrade is released.

Comment

Ya Im running the Beta. It really is working well. I was on 8.1 and had a lot of trouble. After the upgrade it is much more stable for me. I have always been an early adopter. I like to try the new features. so far as I can tell win10 will be an amazing new operating system. But, if your comfortable with what your on than no reason to change what isn't broken.
            [IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0551.png[/IMG]

Comment

well its off to the puter shop for nother install of windows a quick service under the bonnet with a clean -- good thing to have some times !!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X