Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World MAP of all ORBX Airports...

Apparently all ORBX airports located on one map... Blue markers are Payware.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...4.kqK063urZFlM

aero

What a great resource! The question now is: how much hard drive space would all of these consume if one were, say, to download and install all of them (well, all of the free ones, at least)?
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

well, just my orbx folder is 190Gb big my complete FSX 290 GB
      CaseyRyback59/Andreas
      Staff Member
      VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
        What a great resource! The question now is: how much hard drive space would all of these consume if one were, say, to download and install all of them (well, all of the free ones, at least)?
        It should consume very little space. AFAIK, OrbX airports are simply lists of coordinates and references to the orbX object library you already have.

The map seems to tally with my own map. I venture that mine is more useful, to me at least, as it's incorporated into Plan-G as 'user 2' waypoints, visible at minimum zoom level 6, and used for Great 48! group flight planning.

Comment

I'd like to see the Plan-G map you created Storm. The online version is pretty handy as well. Need to figure out how to save it. That way when whoever made it takes it offline, it's still available to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
            It should consume very little space. AFAIK, OrbX airports are simply lists of coordinates and references to the orbX object library you already have.

I think that is true of the free airport packs. Some of the payware ones & certainly the regions do take up a good amount of space.

Here's a snapshot of the ORBX NA Folder on my old spin drive sorted by folder size. I had a lot more ORBX stuff installed with that installation vs my SSD because size wasn't much of a factor:

Comment

I'm guessing this is not a new Orbx maintained map as I don't see anything listed on their forums in a quick glance.

I'd love to see the regions incorporated if possible, like Orbx did with their NA region map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...Y.kXgvyHPsc5FM

Still it's a great map as there are so many airports to keep track of... And now time to download the 2 new freewares I missed!
              - Michael
              Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X