Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i7 2600k fried... still running on two cores-video

There could still be life after frying your CPU.... I overclocked to 5.226 and the
    cpu got fried... It was a fantastic cpu for all the time I've had it and it has taken
    some serious abuse. And it still won't give up... it's still hanging in there trying to
    give me all it's got... can you fall in love with a cpu ?

Anyway here is a glimmer of hope for those that think they should throw out their half
    fried chips.

By the way ... because the videoing software is trying to access the cpu and drives to
    record and the 2 cores are struggling with running FSX at the same time there is a lot of
    stuttering that is not there when flying without recording...

...in reality the sim runs pretty damn good with 2 cores as long as there is not too much
    going on in the background..

aero
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BEX...detailpage#t=0

It's just dawned on me that I haven't established for sure whether it's the CPU that's fried or
    the Motherboard. Perhaps it's a voltage feed or capacitor or something that's the problem..

Does anyone know of a way to establish which it is when you don't have a swap out available....?

That would be cherry vanilla if it was only the MB... and the love for the CPU would take on new
    heights.

....also Why 2 cores blown? I only have settings in the bios for - "Use Core 1, 2, 3, ALL,
    now if I select 3 cores ... which 3rd core is it trying to use... a bad ONE when possibly
    there's another good one that's not getting attempted ?

aero

Comment

UPDATE-------

Have purchased 2nd hand i7 2600k cpu to replace the blown one... set it up on max settings and did a little test flight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MJ3...ature=youtu.be

aero

Comment

nice video, it looks great!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X