Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year on... MH370

It was like any another morning.. I woke up and sat on my couch having usual coffee every morning, switched on the TV to watch some news and when I saw it, it did not become a regular morning anymore. Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is missing. Missing? How can a plane disappear? MH370 was bound from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing and was supposed to land at 6.30am (local time). Sadly it never did. News after news after news kept coming, information, theories, press conferences, condolences, families mourning and what stood out the most was Malaysia was in a state of panic. How can a country with an almost nil amount of commercial airline crashes or tragedies suffer this today? Questions kept creeping in my head but with no answers.

Timeline of events

- 00:41am : Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 departs Kuala Lumpur for Beijing with 227 passengers and 12 crew on board.
    - 1:19am: Co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid, radios one final time “Alright, good night.”
    - 1:21am: MH370 fails to check in as scheduled with air traffic control in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. No distress signal is received either. Radar shows that the plane makes a sharp left turn , from north-east to almost due west.
    - 1:38am: Vietnamese air traffic control become concerned and asks other countries and nearby aircraft to attempt to make contact.
    - 2:15am: MH370’s position is picked up for the final time by Malaysian military radar. It was heading north-west, across the Andaman Sea.
    - 5:30am: SAR (search and rescue operations was launched)
    - 11:14am: First press conference.

There are countless amount of theories out there which include the likes of terrorist acts, sabotage, shot down accidentally, fire, structural failure and other which I'd rather not discuss.

I was glued to the TV the whole day, this never happened and even if it did, why Malaysia? A country that was neutral, sometimes not even recognized by a majority of the world (before the events of MH370 and MH17). Today my country remembers the events that occurred and I believe many others are too. March 8 2014 was a sad day for Malaysia. Not only because of MH370 but also that people are having doubts on our national airline till today (even our locals). That saddens me the most.

-k0p
    [IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0497.png[/IMG]

It's amazing that there is still no solid evidence of it, considering how much their should be. But then again, it's a testament to how vast our world really is and how much we take things for granted.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X