Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ideas for mounting a Yoke

I put a new desk together using countertop as the surface. In the pictures below, you'll see that the leading edge has a beveled shape. That angle verses a straight edge keeps my CH flight yoke from mounting securely. When landing, as I pull back to hold off the touchdown the yoke literally gets pryed back off of the desk.

I can think of some work arounds. I'd like some suggestions from you guys so I can figure out the easiest method to solved this issue. Using a flight yoke and pedals is such a different experience that the joystick/throttle. I'd like to be able to use mine.

Thanks in advance,

I went to home depot/lowes, bought a 1" by 2" and idk about 6-10 ft long(cheapest available) piece of solid pine, had them cut it to premeasured lengths, I think I did like one 10 inch and three 8 inch pieces, had a few feet left over, should have made another 10 inch, but I only use 2 pieces anyway. I bought black spray paint, a nice one, and then sprayed a couple layers on it. I think it was spray with primer in it too. Nice Satan black that blends in perfectly with the metal of my desk, with a glass top. They cut the wood there for free, probably paid 10 bucks, it was nice wood keep in mind. I could send you some pictures of the final outcome.

Comment

Great picture on the wall, Karl! I think what Travis is getting at is filling the space under the desk created by the front edge bevel/drop so you have a single continuous depth from edge to mount contact. Is that possible, or is there frame/support structure in the way under the desk where you like to have your yoke (the second picture makes me think that might be the case)?
      Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

I had a very similar problem, my desk is glass, and has a support bar at the bottom(1st picture), that the yoke clamp won't fit around it(2nd picture), so I got 6 EZ Stick Pro strips and put 3 on my desk(3rd pic) and 3 on the desk(4th pic), and that keeps the yoke from moving when I pull back on it to flare.

Support bar at the bottom:

Yoke clamp:

EZ Stick Pro strips on the desk:

EZ Stick Pro strips on the yoke:

My yoke
        [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
        [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

When I had a Saitek yoke I had the same issue....even though my desk edge was square. I ended up putting a 25lb barbell weight on top of the yoke (with an old mouse pad under it for protection). The weight held the yoke down nicely during pullbacks.

Comment

Travis,

I would like to see the pics. It sounds similar to what I have in mind.

Thanks,

Comment

I think the space under the desk contributes to the issue, though the main issue I believe is that the base of the yoke isn't completely in contact with the desktop plane. That gap creates a fulcrum point where CH did not intend for there to be one. So it pivots back.

But I do intend to address the issue at the bottom of the desk as well. That part is easy.

Comment

My set up http://1drv.ms/1B9sZGl

Comment

I'm sorry for pointing it out, but is that an ash tray Karl?

Nice painting
                  Last edited by BuugedFSX; February 15, 2015, 11:22 PM. Reason: Being nice :D
                  When you put me and Superman Together, it's called a Superbug

Watch me on YouTube @ [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224"]https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224[/URL]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X