Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real World Inflight WiFi, anybody used it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real World Inflight WiFi, anybody used it?

I'm off too New York in a couple of Months. Woo Hoo! :topsy_turvy:

I've booked my flights with Delta and noticed it says there is WiFi on my aircraft (757-200).

Having a search it seems this is quite popular over in the US and as a lot of people here at MSFlights are from the states I wonder if anybody has used it.

There is no service from the UK that I have flown on yet that has WiFi, so this would be the first time I've used it.

I noticed Delta charge $16 for a 24hr period for the service while the service provider Gogoair charge $8, so any reviews of how good it is or recommendations of where to buy it would be appreciated.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Despite its availability on some of my most recent flights, I haven't yet taken the opportunity to try it; I, too, am curious to hear from those who have experience to share regarding speed, reliability, ease-of-use, price, etc. Knowing which carrier, provider, and aircraft type the experience came from would also be helpful.
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

We used it on Southwest (737-800). It was a little slow because 20-40 people were using it simultaneously but it functions. It was 5 dollars or so to activate it on your device for the flight. If you don't like reading a book or something and your flight is longer than 2.5 hours, it's probably a good idea to get it so you can keep entertained

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X