Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX Steam Edition Hide Button?

I understand that MSFlights helped the developers of the new Steam FSX edition before it's release.

Are they looking for any kind of feedback on it, or is that it now?

If they are I would like to see a few features such as a HIDE PLAYER BUTTON.

It's all very well having all these new users but this also increases the amount of people who want to buzz players and spoil their fun.

Only the server host can remove these players but if the client had a hide button, each player could hide the offender and no harm done to either party.

I know I can do this myself using the SDK, but if it was implemented as default in the next service pack (maybe an option when you right click a players name?) I think it would soften the blow that the box version can't connect to the steam version.

There is lots of ATC stuff I'd like to see too but I won't push my luck.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Why not put a Password on???????????
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

I heard you guys are in touch with the devs, in which case I'd like to suggest some things:

1. Ability to assign Steam ID's which can use the kick option
      2. Ability to ban users by their Steam ID
      3. An indicator so you can see who's talking on the comms (prevents spamming)
      4. Ability to lower voice codec below 16000 (possible bug, I'm sure you could do this before) - current one is too laggy for most people
      5. Probably a long-shot, but a dedicated server version which can run in text mode

Comment

Only the server host can do that Casey.
        The way I described above would let all players hide any other player.
        The player wouldnt be hidden from everyone else and the nuisance player would still be able to see you.

It would also mean that players that wanted too could fly with crash detect enabled could do so.
        ATC could declutter thier screen by hiding all but the players in contact with them.
        And the nuisance players could still have their fun without being kicked everytime they annoyed the host.

Maybe even the admin could enjoy a game without being constantly pestered to kick someone.

It would be win all round IMO.
        If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Casey pointed us to a Steam forum in another thread. Seems to me that Steam discussion would be the perfect forum to catch Dovetail's eye with your requests and requirements. Be sure to identify yourselves as msFLIGHTS.net pilots (and controllers) there. You don't need us testers to carry your requests forward now that the product is released. Be nice, clear and patient.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X