Helicopters do not into a multiplay session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought about that as a last resort, only that I have already sp1 & sp2 installed, and I don't have the acceleration version.

But generally, I agree with you that if I only copied a folder into FSX airplanes folder, I shouldn't experience these problems.

Comment

Just now catching this thread.... The problem that you have is that the add-on aircraft replaced some core and default files for flying your helicopters. Which files you ask? I dont know, Probably core guages for the 206 and EH-101. Have you tried the robinson? You can probably resolved your issue with and FSX repair.
      HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
      See my videos Here

Comment

I downloaded the helicopter and installed it.

I was joined in session and running without problem. Next, I change to standard model FSX (B206) and when I'm flying it in session I deleted directly de folder ("brute" mode to uninstall). I have not any problem to entry or exit in session or flight any other helicopter that I have installed in my computer.

Perhaps you have a coincidence in this process and some files was corrupted. It is a good think to reinstall SP2, because maybe is too hard to locate what files, or lines was corrupted.
        [SIZE=2][COLOR="#0000FF"]I am responsible [B]for what I say[/B], but not for [B]what you can interpret[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]...
        [I][B][SIZE=1]Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri[/SIZE][SIZE=4]???[/SIZE][/B][/I]

Comment

Yes, I tried the robinson and had the same problem. BTW, the freezed screen looks like the attached image (hopefully it went thru).

Comment

Is the screen definitely frozen?
            How long have you left it?
            It maybe that it is taking longer than normal due to updating files after your removal.

Rerunning the FSX discs is a good idea as this will replace and incorrect or missing files.
            If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

In my criteria, and looking other fast and easy form for resolve your problem, maybe be good idea to proceed to restore your OS system with recover systems tools, recovering your OS system at one day before date that you detected the problem.

Remember that FSX was developed and implemented by Microsoft and the restore system tools from OS is a good mode to help you to recovery multiplayer functionality, to solve connections problems with "real meteo", etc. prior to need to reinstall FSX, and is a reversible process.

Nevertheless, If this way your problem persist, you can try to start the SP2 installation and select to repair the simulator files. In this case, remember to make first a backup from files that you have modified (like some aircrafts.cfg or other files) because in this repair will be necessary to overwrite the FSX's original files. When I was need to make it, never I have seen that complementary software (like payware aircrafts, fsuipc, scenery added, etc.) was deleted or stopped, even my modified file "SimConnect.xml" was continued working without problem.

The helicopter that you assumed that was the origin of problem don't have any file, shared or not, in other folders like sound, gauges, etc. and I don't think this was the problem original point. Please remember you that I was tested it and I haven't any similar problem and I did not achieved repeat it the problem.

Files inside C:\...AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects only save data status, counters, etc like accumulated motor time in use for aircrafts, ATC id or other data that aircrafts or other software developer used for other gauges or source data for running parallel software. It is generated automatically from FSX.

If you deleted any aircrafts, proper folder from this aircraft usually stays permanent. It's a "not functional brain breaker" for some developers when mounting a uninstall process and normally they choose to leave the folder, perhaps to avoid conflicts with file fsx.cfg. Consequently, and in time, this folder will contain lots of subfolders, many without any function.

You can make a test deleting a folder, and, after running FSX, you can see that this same folder is renewed. Attention!, some payware software don't accept to deleted it and will be corrupted.
              [SIZE=2][COLOR="#0000FF"]I am responsible [B]for what I say[/B], but not for [B]what you can interpret[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]...
              [I][B][SIZE=1]Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri[/SIZE][SIZE=4]???[/SIZE][/B][/I]

Comment

Hi ATC_ROO,
                It is frozen defintely. Some time I left it for 2-3 minutes, this is too much for any action FSX should do.
                Anyway, I'm getting closer to what you and others suggested, "jump to the cold water" and rerun the FSX discs. I have only one try to make today, before I'll rerun the discs. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, I rember you "volunteered" to install that heli and removed it. I also beleive that the problem I have is a coincidance with the install of that heli.

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED !

I "extended" ATC_ROO's suggestion (thank you), and renamed the C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder to be C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX_ol d (before I'll delete it later), restarted FSX, and every thing was back to normal - no problem joining a multiplayer session with a helicopter.

FSX automatically built a new roaming folder, with defaul settings.

Anyway, many thanks to every one of you who contributed to this thread.

Yigal

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                    Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X