X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OV-10A Avionics Update to OV-10G

Howdy folks, Gimpy here.
    Since the wonderful old OV-10A Bronco from Piglet has become popular all of the sudden with the MSFlight's community, I felt it necessary to improve it a bit. I'm working on updating the Panel.cfg and standardizing the aircraft.cfg. I'll be rationalizing the pop up panels so that the GPS will show up when you hit Shift+3, adding a basic autopilot function, and a HMD style HUD that floats in your view so you don't need to look down at the panel.

The idea behind the Aircraft.cfg standardization is to make sure that all of the cool addon paints by Novawing are numbered the same way in everyone's .cfg file. I seem to remember that if the numbers next to a texture don't match, you won't see the one your buddy is flying even if you have it installed. I propose we start with [flightsim.6] in the folder being the Denver Bronco's paint, and then move down through the numbers chronologically according to when the new textures were published by Novawing. That way everyone see's the right thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do seem to remember that the order can have an affect on what you see.

Anyway, that's how I'm spending my afternoon today. I'll keep you all up to date on what works and what doesn't, if there's a panel addon that anybody wants me to add, let me know what it is and where to get it. Hopefully all this will be wrapped up by tonight, I'd like to make a Monday flight for once lol. I'm calling the new stuff the "OV-10G" upgrade because, well because I'm Gimpy and it seems fitting that the alphabetic designation have to do with me. I'll try to get it uploaded here or to the vault via one of the admins.
    Sincerely,
    Your Virtual Avionics Guy, Gimpy
    When God finally says, "King, my office. Now!" I want to go barreling in there half spun out with holes in my clothes, smoke rising from me, and my hair in a mess. I want to be busy. I don't want to go explain myself and not have a great story to go along with it.

Awesome, Gimpy!!

Thanks for your help in making the Bronco a more enjoyable experience. You rock!!
    Greetings from Dale
    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Interesting, looking forward to this.

The entry number in your aircraft.cfg doesn't matter though, so long as the files and .cfg entries are the same. If the files are different, or the texture.cfg for a particular repaint has different fallback textures (for example, MJ C47 has a "weathered texture pack" that when installed, prevents you from seeing users who do not have those fallback textures installed even if the actual textures and cfg entry are the same) then you'll start running into issues with them not displaying properly.
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
      Steam Group:
      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
      YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

When I get back home tonight I'll finish off packaging everything. It's finished and I've tested it, I just need to write some notes and instructions. Sorry for not having it posted earlier like I planned, it's been a weird week. Nevertheless it's pretty much done and will hopefully be in the vault by tomorrow afternoon, admins willing of course lol.
        When God finally says, "King, my office. Now!" I want to go barreling in there half spun out with holes in my clothes, smoke rising from me, and my hair in a mess. I want to be busy. I don't want to go explain myself and not have a great story to go along with it.

Comment

Send a message to me about it. I will put it into the vault. Can't wait to see your improvements. I was missing them for a recent flight.
          Greetings from Dale
          Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Sorry for the wait everybody. Everything is finally ready to rock and should be up in the vault tonight or tomorrow. I found all sorts of cool stuff out while doing research on the Bronco because other than a few stories I'd heard about it, I knew zilch.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfC3ChIjCcQ This is a neat video about the Bronco and it's capabilities.

Those are a couple screenshots of what the HMD and panel pop ups look like. All of it works, including the autopilot. It's a ton of fun to fly the Bronco, and even though I find it relatively easy to fly without the information in my face, it makes it a lot easier and should help out to make it easier to fly in formation with groups. I put together a write up of information that will be in the OV-10G upgrade folder when it's all finally posted. I hope everybody enjoys it and if anyone has any trouble with the mod, just let me know, I should be able to help out with it.

Comment

Here's what they look like out here in the real world by the way. Found this photo online.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X