Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Air Shows

Hello everyone I am touching base on our air show we put on last Friday. I have to say I very much enjoyed every aspect of that event. It was a good way for us to let loose in terms of flying. Even people that said at first they didn't want to perform they did eventually. It showed sport and class. I think that we should have an air show twice a month yo break away from the regular events. With this event I have some inquires.
    The first thing I would like to talk about are locations: It would be fun to take this air show to different airports just like real air shows. Any airport will do but when we put on an air show there certain things you should think about when choosing an airport. Runway length, surface, where it is, flight line and weather. I would like to choose a different location every air show that way it keeps it authentic like your really at one.
    The second thing I would like to talk about I loved the songs people pick out that art shouldn't change. There has to be a little big more of a render range though. I believe a render range should be 2 miles but a proper performance the aircraft always makes its way back to the flight line in 30 to 60 seconds based on the type of aircraft. If you linger to long off the flight line it should be considered a broken performance. Obviously were not professionals, but in order to keep the airshow fun we have to have certain things we follow.
    And based on the performer and maybe a chat before his or her performance with the directer of the event tell them that your routine calls for my aircraft to go higher than usual or I need sometime on this trick to come back in. We'll understand if its apart of the performance and most of us will be able to tell if it is a genuine move.
    The third topic is music and length, 4 minutes is a good time I think there should be nothing shorter than 4 minutes but a short awesome routine is better than a long drawn out one. Based on the performer and before routine talks if that person can have a song that's little longer if the song has been picked and practiced to for a routine. I think if the person has practiced and has a routine for that song if its a little longer than 4 minutes then I think that should be acceptable.
    One thing that makes it hard to get into the mood is seeing a Grumman Goose to barrel rolls instead of the aircraft that the person is really using. Before the next airshow event lets plan ahead a little and ask that if a person is going to do a routine that they add to the event post what they'll be flying so other people can download it for the airshow so they can actually see that aircraft.
    The last thing I would like to mention is if you don't want to do a routine and if you are more into stunt flying like short landings or takeoffs I would love to see that stuff and helicopters I loved seeing them at the show.
    Hopefully we will have another airshow it was great I really enjoyed it.

One more thing GO PACK GO!!!

Hey trev can I draw your attention to the cross community airshow this weekend named air assault it is set to be a big show with apperances from many communities and some of the biggest names in fsx displays. we welcome spectators and full details can be seen in the event forum.
    sigpic

Comment

I think that's a good idea to have more air shows, I would be more than happy to participate in as many as I can.

Comment

Are you participating in air assault on sunday warbird if so we need to get together and arrange your time slot as spaces are filling up fast
        sigpic

Comment

Sure I have a routine for the p-51 I've been working on I fly to the song The King And Queens by Aerosmith I need full song for routine! Let me know what slot I have and I'll keep practicing.

Comment

The airshows are great, but I feel like they should be scattered a bit more than what you're suggesting. They are limiting inside of FSX, so the novelty I feel would wear off after successive events of the same thing. I did enjoy our last one though, and I feel like the next one will be that much better from what we've learned from this one.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X