X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarHawK
    replied
    Semi-related side note, what was the main reason why we are using SimLink over FsCloud, FsCloud was laggy right? (I can't remember, A2A Lewis was inquiring about it at Oshkosh)

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    Thanx, Roo...

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    replied
    I too had the problem "Invalid CID".
    This was when trying to connect to all nodes.

I reset my CID to default MSFPILOT and was able to login.

I then reset my CID to my own and could log in to all nodes.

Not sure what is was but seems to be resolved now and wasn't node specific.

Incedently if anybody does want their own CID you can signup for one here.

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
    Btw, how i can sent Text messages to you in VPilot?
    .msg CALLSIGN msg

example: .msg CR-59 Hello, how are you.

Other commands are below:

.chat CALLSIGN Opens a new chat tab (or switches to the existing tab) for the specified callsign.
    .close Closes the current chat tab.
    .atis CALLSIGN Request the controller information for the specified callsign.
    .msg CALLSIGN message Sends the specified private message to the specified callsign.
    .wx STATION-ID Requests the weather (as a METAR) for the specified station ID.
    .metar STATION-ID Requests the weather (as a METAR) for the specified station ID.
    .wallop message Sends a "wallop" to all supervisors on the network.
    .copy Copies the contents of the active tab to your clipboard.
    .clear Clears the contents of the active tab.
    .reloadrules Reloads the model matching rule sets.
    .x SQUAWK-CODE Sets your transponder to the specified code. Can also use .xpdr, .xpndr, .sq, or .squawk.
    .com1 FREQUENCY Sets the COM1 radio to the specified frequency.
    .com2 FREQUENCY Sets the COM2 radio to the specified frequency.
    .com 1 Enables the COM1 radio for transmit.
    .com 2 Enables the COM2 radio for transmit.
    .com both Toggles receiving on both COM radios simultaneously.
    .testmodelmatching Opens a window where you can run a test of all the model matching rules you have loaded.
    .debug Displays a debugging window.
    Last edited by ATC_ROO; July 26, 2016, 06:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    I haven't done anything with the server machine today. Logging into the machine I see someone else had already checked to ensure that it was running, which it is.

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    Yeah you can talk to Roo to give u a own logon with admin rights(That's what i use) and u can change it in VPilot when u are not connected.

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    Casey, I am using vPilot CID "MSFPILOT" and password "MSFPILOT". My CID and password entry block in General tab is grey'd out, inaccessible for text entry by me. I never noticed that inability to enter vPilot Network information before.

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    Casey, I connected to Karl's RedBox SimLink US node successfully abput 45 minutes after your post's timestamp. I sent you a vPilot text in "Messages" with that info. Maybe Karl was server resetting.I will leave my Baron at Vancouver with a flight plan of "TEST-KARL" while I sleep.
    Well are u using the CID:MSFPILOT and PW:MSFPILOT or your own??

I see on SimLink map pilot list that ROO is connected to a SimLink node called "MSFWIN". I wonder what that node is all about.
    No idea, maybe he's testing something.

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    Casey, I connected to Karl's RedBox SimLink US node successfully abput 45 minutes after your post's timestamp. I sent you a vPilot text in "Messages" with that info. Maybe Karl was server resetting.I will leave my Baron at Vancouver with a flight plan of "TEST-KARL" while I sleep.

I see on SimLink map pilot list that ROO is connected to a SimLink node called "MSFWIN". I wonder what that node is all about.

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    Hiya Roo, i tryed this morning connect to SimLink at 23.255.202.27 and it said CID/Password invalid so i switched the Proxy to roo.servbeer and it works.

Btw, how i can sent Text messages to you in VPilot?

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    Continued community wide gratitude to you, ROO, Karl and Novawing for continued sim server provision, maintenance and enhancement. I ran quick initial tests on the functionality of the indicator located at http://roo.servebeer.com/status.php. The status, for me, shows as online as long as the computer is powered on at all, whether or not the particular hosting program is running or not. I only tested ~msFLIGHTS.net~ TacPack sim server program on BigBox. I have yet to disable FSD.exe on BigBox, which runs at startup. I'll wait for a late night to do that so as not to interrupt. I'll test the Seattle ~msFLIGHTS.net~ NA server with regards to this status webpage also when not so populated.

If my test findings are correct, let us remember to use FSOpen/sessions page for on line status of the msFLIGHTS.net FSX classic server and the Steam FSX multiplayer server listing in game for confirmation and another way of determining sim server availability.

I was so very happy to notice the SimLink node addition of SimLink AU Australia at IP 101.165.150.139. Is this SimLink node live and available or simply beta testing currently? I will add SimLink AU info to our various sim server permanent postings when SimLink AU is confirmed as on line 24/7 like the other SimLink nodes.

A special thank you to Novawing and ROO for that apparently not so easy sim server facilities addition. I am logged onto SimLink AU currently as are you, ROO, and SimLink AU seems to be stable and functioning well with my limited time connected. I encourage other knowledgeable SimLink admins, staff and regular SimLink using members to attempt proxy specification of SimLink AU during some future group flight and report back to Discord #tech-chat text channel or this forum's Tech Chat section with PIREPs and reports on SimLink AU server performance.

Leave a comment:

• ATC_ROO
    started a topic Server Status

Server Status

I know there have been a few server ups and downs lately, so I'm reminding people that there are 4 SimLink and 4 different types of FSX server available for everybody to use.

You can find out if they are online or not on this page.

It's advisable to connect to your closest server if using SimLink.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X