Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SimLink server setup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Roo,

    Airwolf is running his Non TacPack military exercise to the carrier off the coast of KMRY. I decided to join because he wanted to try it on FSD. I have the client installed on both FSX Steam and P3D v3.1

    I've installed all the current model matching rule sets and AI folders. FSD works perfectly in both sims. I've flown group flights in FSX without issues and I've flown alone in P3D v3.1 and see myself on the map.

    I loaded P3D at KMRY with Airwolfs flight and I kept getting repeated vPilot errors that said it can't read the models of the other participants. It didn't matter what aircraft, I would get the error. Here's the funny part. While Airwolf was still in his group flight, I moved to another airport about 2,000 miles away (PHNL to be precise) and could load FSD without any errors.

    Sorry, I can't post a screen shot of the error. I don't have a photo hosting service yet.

    Just thought I'd pass this on.

    Bobby
    “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Captain Duke View Post
      Roo,

      Airwolf is running his Non TacPack military exercise to the carrier off the coast of KMRY. I decided to join because he wanted to try it on FSD. I have the client installed on both FSX Steam and P3D v3.1

      I've installed all the current model matching rule sets and AI folders. FSD works perfectly in both sims. I've flown group flights in FSX without issues and I've flown alone in P3D v3.1 and see myself on the map.

      I loaded P3D at KMRY with Airwolfs flight and I kept getting repeated vPilot errors that said it can't read the models of the other participants. It didn't matter what aircraft, I would get the error. Here's the funny part. While Airwolf was still in his group flight, I moved to another airport about 2,000 miles away (PHNL to be precise) and could load FSD without any errors.

      Sorry, I can't post a screen shot of the error. I don't have a photo hosting service yet.

      Just thought I'd pass this on.

      Bobby
      In P3D you're missing default aircraft that needs to be installed from your FSX.

      It is a part of the model matching post that I put together and here is the quote that would interest you;

      P3D users ;
      To use this model matching file with P3D you need to transfer and Install missing aircraft from your FSX installation.
      Here is the list of missing a craft.


      Airbus_A321
      B737_800
      b747_400
      C172
      C208B
      DeHavilland_Beaver_DHC2
      DG808S
      Douglas_DC3
      Extra300
      FA-18
      MD_83
      P51_Racer

      Just dropping the folders to corresponding P3D location should work for visual representation (for you to see other people in the proper aircraft)
      if you want to fly them you need to Google the process, it involves transferring some gauges, effects and other.......
      it is a little more involved, not difficult but beyond the scope of this discussion.
      mike404

      Comment


      • #78
        ok....thanks Mike. That makes sense. I'll do that now. Thanks again. This was the error (a bit late) http://imgur.com/GGW3AB7

        Thank you again. I don't know why I missed that part.

        Bobby
        “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Captain Duke View Post
          ok....thanks Mike. That makes sense. I'll do that now. Thanks again. This was the error (a bit late) http://imgur.com/GGW3AB7

          Thank you again. I don't know why I missed that part.

          Bobby
          Your default aircraft is incorrectly set.
          Make sure to press "Use P3D CRJ – 700" in default model part off model matching settings in Vpilot.
          mike404

          Comment


          • #80
            ok...thanks Mike. I was using F18.

            Thanks for your help. I'll get this right

            Bobby
            “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

            Comment


            • #81
              Well the error i am getting is that it says that "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." I'm running a 32-bit OS of Windows 10. I can install FSINN and Copilot, but are the networks for? Thanks for your help ATC_ROO
              I have spoken to the author of the proxy and there is now a new version available.

              Please download the proxy again and let us know here if all is well.
              Last edited by N404; January 12th, 2016, 04:14 PM.
              If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
                I have spoken to the author of the proxy and there is now a new version available.

                Please download the proxy again and let us know here if all is well.
                I ran the program. It now works! Thanks ATC_ROO!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Great news and I did see you on the server map just now.

                  Anybody else that had that issue will now know it's resolved.
                  If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    There seems to be another feature of the Vpilot - FSD that will help with long standing problem on multiplayer of different sceneries.
                    I have observed that altitude correction is happening with different sceneries.
                    As I was flying with Nova, he's airport was about 15 feet difference to mine.
                    As he appeared, and for me was over water, his aircraft was suspended 15 feet up, but moment he backed up to a taxi way, he's representation plane corrected to my ground.
                    He was reporting my aircraft being correctly on the ground.
                    This will only happened on flat airports.
                    If somebody has default flat airport and other pilot, custom airport with slope runway it will not correct.
                    You can observe if somebody has different scenerie, because he's aircraft on the landing and takeoff might make funny up-and-down movement where the Vpilot is deciding, should I correct or not.
                    mike404

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      UH60 textures have been updated

                      Update is included in newest (V3) "default Aircraft and Helicopters set"

                      If you have previous "default set" already installed that includes helicopters, all you need is to replace folder "AI_UH60 Black_Hawk"
                      Rest is identical and does not need any attention.
                      mike404

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by N404 View Post
                        There seems to be another feature of the Vpilot - FSD that will help with long standing problem on multiplayer of different sceneries.
                        I have observed that altitude correction is happening with different sceneries.
                        As I was flying with Nova, he's airport was about 15 feet difference to mine.
                        As he appeared, and for me was over water, his aircraft was suspended 15 feet up, but moment he backed up to a taxi way, he's representation plane corrected to my ground.
                        He was reporting my aircraft being correctly on the ground.
                        This will only happened on flat airports.
                        If somebody has default flat airport and other pilot, custom airport with slope runway it will not correct.
                        You can observe if somebody has different scenerie, because he's aircraft on the landing and takeoff might make funny up-and-down movement where the Vpilot is deciding, should I correct or not.

                        I've noticed whilst controlling that QHN (altimeter setting) works too.

                        The server will supply real world weather and any clients that support it.
                        Vpilot doesn't where as FSINN does.

                        I assume ES does too.
                        As if a pilot flies on a different QNH to that of the real world weather, they will show on my screen as higher or lower than they think they are.
                        If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          P3D users part of default model matching post have been updated. (scroll down to P3D users ; part)

                          For those of you, with P3D, who don't have FSX or don't want to go through porting default FSX aircraft, here is a set of model matching that only uses existing P3D aircraft and additionally set of AI helicopters.



                          Follow readme.txt for easy installation

                          H L
                          mike404

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            If you only have P3d on your system it seems you have to install simconnect separately, because P3D apparently doesn't install sim connect (or it didn't for me). To install it you must navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib then run SimConnect.msi. I'm not sure why P3D has the installation file yet it did not install it for me.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              This was far easiler to install and set up than I anticipated. Thank you much for the the basically infallible intructions in your post . I admittedly was waiting to see if it stuck with the MSFlights gang before committing to the installation effort. Very cool so far. No regrets or complaints after my first group flight. Everything seems to perform as "advertised".

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Thanks for the fix Kalo.
                                I don't own P3D but do know it is very similar to FSX and does use Simconnect.

                                There are different versions of sim connect and it may be your P3D was using a newer version that Vpilot wasn't looking for.
                                You can run the different simconnect versions alongside each other, which it seems you have done by installing the legacy version from FSX SP2 Xpack (the FSX Acceleration version).

                                If you check Add and Remove programs in windows it will show all the versions of Simconnect that are installed.
                                If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

                                Comment

                                Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X