Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P3D v3.1 memory leak

Some of you know I've had to uninstall and reinstall a couple times tracking down CTD's and a few other issues. Out of desperation, I looked at LM's forum and noticed Chris Bell had posted about a memory leak. Chris knows his stuff so if he complains, it must exist.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116596

Bottom line is LM acknowledges it and will patch in either hot fix or incremental update.

So.....unloaded all 400GB of my scenery files, P3D v3.1 ok now, and will fly on FSD with default textures......which, incidentally, is pretty good for default.
    Last edited by Captain Duke; January 15, 2016, 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

I've been flying P3D v3.1 since it came out with PNW, NCA, and now SCA without any form of problem.

CPU: Intel 4790K @4Ghz
    GPU: Nvidia 760GTX 4gig
    16GB Ram

Were you having problems all in the same area of scenery or was it everywhere?
    [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0027.png[/img]

Comment

It was actually while trying to load the program. It also happened in areas where I had multiple sceneries on top of each other in the same area. I originally thought it was either because I was hard linking the same scenery to both FSX and P3D or because I was simply overdriving my laptop. I have th same CPU as you in my laptop (Clevo P770ZM) but a mobile GPU.

I have Megascenery but PCAviator haven't released the night textures they promised so I went with Night Environment that is compatible with photo scenery. I actually thought it was add on aircraft causing the issues and was unloading them one at a time till I saw Chris Bell's post. It's technically above my understanding but I understood enough to unload the photo scenery and Night Environment. Now I'm stable.

Just thought I'd post this here since some of us are trying to run P3D on the group flights that run on FSD.
      Last edited by Captain Duke; January 16, 2016, 01:12 AM. Reason: I hate auto-correct.....LOL
      “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X