Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Sale!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    HURRY UP... 4.45 hours to go on 80% offer, 5 bucks

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    Well, for Pilot's, who have to many doubt's, check this... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458521-...r-seen-videos/ and if you don't have an account at Avsim, read this

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:13 PM by Bofajking

Simply put, FSX Steam Edition is the answer to your OOM problems. Period!

So I know there have been some wild claims about the frame rates that FSX Steam Edition yield. I for one did not have the time to test the two sims at lower settings and configurations so I cannot attest for those results but very reputable folks such as Pete Dawson swear that there are tangible gains.

The one thing I have been testing extensively is VAS/WS memory usage and the general stability of the sim. Many of you may have seen my other thread here: http://forum.avsim.n...ance-benchmark/ where I did a head to head between MS FSX and FSX SE in a stress test situation.

After those results, I made the conclusion that VAS/OOM performance of FSX SE is remarkably better than the old FSX. Many continued to have questions about the validity of that claim so I decided to step it up a notch. I installed DX10, REX Essential + OD textures, AND Orbx Palm Springs to my stress test. So just to make it clear, in about a 150 NM area, I have the following addons:

Orbx FTX Global
    Orbx FTX Vector
    Pilots FS Global 2010 Mesh
    Aerosim 787
    REX Essential Plus OD Cloud and Sky Textures
    Gizmos 4096 Water Animations
    Aerosoft My Traffic 2013
    FSDT GSX Ground Services
    KLAX by FS Dream Team
    KLGB by Shehryar Ansari
    KONT by Shehryar Ansari
    KPSP by Orbx/Jarrad Marshall

Then I maxed the settings to unheard of levels which you will see in the video.

I have tried this test with much lower settings in FSX for years as part of my stress flying just between KLAX, KLGB, and KONT without KPSP and couldnt complete the flight. If you have flown FSX for more than a day you know that 4 Mega Airports in this small of an area, ORBX Vector and Global, a Photoreal Region, REX Texture, and maxed out sliders will create an OOM before you probably even get off the ground.

But not in FSX SE. You can visit all 4 airports, load the entire region, and cruise along at 250 kn without a single ping.

Dont believe me? See for yourself. I have included skip points in the description of the video if you dont want to just sit around a listen to me talk.
    and watch theese video's....http://youtu.be/4YONKVA8c00 and part 2 http://youtu.be/lZdcLgqAnhE
    Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    So... we all are happy with the new FSUIPS4(4.938a), right? And here more new's for pilots, who using FS Global Real Weather from http://www.fly2pilots.com. The have a new Version 1.7 Build #027 out what works with Steam Edition and for those, who running it on a second PC, a new Network Bridge(Version 1.7 Build #027),too.
    I have a new clean stand alone setup of Steam Edition and it DID NOT RUN with a Client UI Error. So i went to the SDK folder and installed all three SimConnect.dll's, because i dunno with one it need's.
    Guess what???' IT Works!!

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    In reply to Wingman's post #31 quoting my post #30, this just in by way of a Christmas card email from my funny albeit elderly friend:
    Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller!

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!

I don't trip over things, I do random gravity checks!

I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off!

Old age is coming at a really bad time!

When I was a child I thought Nap Time was a punishment ... now, as a grown up, it just feels like a small vacation!

The biggest lie I tell myself is ... "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!

I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights". I'm just very wise.

My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

Teach your daughter how to shoot, because a restraining order is just a piece of paper.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would've put them on my knees.

The kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please. I text back "no" which is shorter than "yes".

I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do that second week.

When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

I've lost my mind and I'm pretty sure my kids took it!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound!

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Lord, Give me patience and give it to me NOW.

Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice.

Oops! Did I roll my eyes out loud?

At my age "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    Muuuaahahahaaaaa, very funny.....

so back to normal , Another new FSUIPc4 4.938A is out... same dowload like before, install it and it
    shows 4.938a important fix is for the not working switches in standart aircraft cockpit's.

Leave a comment:

• Wingman
    replied
    Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
    ^^^^^^

joke
    [FONT=arial]jōk/
    noun
    See example:
    All the passengers are seated on a plane out on the tarmac and the stewardess announces "We’re just waiting for the pilots." The passengers look out the window and see two men, dressed as pilots walking towards the plane. Both men are using guide dogs and appear to be blind. There are murmurs among the passengers, and some believe it is a joke. The men board the plane and go into the cockpit. More concerned murmurs and uneasy chuckles from the passengers. The plane taxis normally to the runway and begins its takeoff. As passengers look out the window they realize they are nearing the end of the runway. The entire passenger cabin begins screaming but the plane lifts off just before the end of the runway. The passengers calm down and chuckle to themselves. In the cockpit, the pilot turns to his copilot and says "You know, one day those people are gonna scream too late and we’re all gonna die!"

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2;14971
    Does this mean no more required color mode switching [SIZE=3
    and does this mean I've been misspelling colour all my life?[/SIZE] (* Prevent default colour mode for Windows 7 and above (enable automatic display composition).

^^^^^^

joke
    jōk/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]
      a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yes, FSXSE-not-second-edition... I got it, but haven't made/found the hard drive space into which I can install it yet.
    Well, i was going to bring u guy's coffee and cookies while enjoying the language discussion.......:witless:

Leave a comment:

• Wingman
    replied
    Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
    ...the conscious simplification of English...
    "The conscious simplification of English" needs more work, but it's an ongoing process, as the accepted language changes by the decade; it seems. Come to think of it, "LOL" is a conscious simplification of English, no?

Originally posted by ak416 View Post
    Grey is my neighbour's favourite colour!
    Despite my ingrained habit of color and neighbor, I prefer grey over gray. Grey just looks bleaker to me; A is too prominent of a vowel for anything that can be described as grey. :grey: Common literature appears to not agree, however. Maybe the "conscious simplification" resulted in the gradual removal of feeling from words, instead fostering a reliance on word-definition relationships... memory... rather than connecting words to the associated feeling. Granted, word-definition relationships are, if taught consistently, easier to spread ubiquitously and therefore do in fact mitigate language-related confusion. Know what I mean?

Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yes, FSXSE-not-second-edition... I got it, but haven't made/found the hard drive space into which I can install it yet.

Leave a comment:

• ak416
    replied
    Grey is my neighbour's favourite colour!

Leave a comment:

• WarHawK
    replied
    Looked it up just out of curiosity, and also because there are other words that are in a similar boat.

Both spellings are many centuries old. Color, now regarded as the American spelling, in fact predates the United States by several centuries. In early use the spellings vied for ascendancy with several other spellings. Colur, culoure, and coolor, for instance, were all in the mix before the modern British spelling gained permanent prevalence in the 17th century.1 The American preference for color took hold in the middle 19th century thanks in large part to the conscious simplification of English spellings by people such as the lexicographer Noah Webster.

Leave a comment:

• Oz-Flyer
    replied
    Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
    Does this mean I've been misspelling colour all my life?
    Most of the world would say YES.

Leave a comment:

• Waterman981
    replied
    Well managing banned players should be much easier with Steam... usually though it's more TS problems than in game issues that cause bans.

Leave a comment:

• CaseyRyback53
    replied
    Well, i didn't tried yet to go over 99 slots, neather the chat issue because of allways using TS, but yes, we need to come together to test it out.
    The colour thing is gone , for me experience, the screen just blips once when u start FSX:SE, thats it.

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    Thanks, Casey. This is the changelog I've been looking for since we started this test. There are interesting improvements listed here, stuff I didn't know to even look for. I recommend the interested testers (and everybody else) give this a good read and that we get together and decide how to change our multiplayer approach using some of these features, fixes and improvements.

Do I read that the 99 player limit is now gone? (* Fixed issue where the Host Options in multiplayer/ Free Flight allow a user to have a maximum of 99 player slots.)

Will Steam in-game chat coexiist with TeamSpeak? (* Game chat now integrated with Steam chat)

Does this mean no more required color mode switching and does this mean I've been misspelling colour all my life? (* Prevent default colour mode for Windows 7 and above (enable automatic display composition).

Anyhow, good job Dovetail on the changelog. What took ya so long? Thanks CaseyRyback for pointing it out.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X