Threshold - Interview with MSFS Head Jorg Nuemann & Asobo CEO Sebastian Wloch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threshold - Interview with MSFS Head Jorg Nuemann & Asobo CEO Sebastian Wloch

Lots of great information in this one. I listened to it last night and I didn't take notes, but a few key takeaways I had:
    • They reiterate that they are in this for the long haul, and committed to ten years of support. (Now it's important to keep in mind that just because they want to support the sim for the next ten years, doesn't mean they can support it for the next ten years. It obviously needs to be profitable)
    • They really are listening to the community and reading everything they can. If you find bugs, post it in the bugs and issues forum and/or Zendesk. If you have a suggestion post it in the wishlist forums.
    • Support for third party developers is a priority, Jorg is constantly in contact with third party developers to offer support or other services.
    • They have very grand plans for the sim. I really recommend listening to this in it's entirety, I know it's long but I really think that if this new sim means as much to you as it does to me, you really ought to give this a listen.
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
    Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

I listened to this audio podcast in it's entirety. ak's synopsis covers most of what I came here to opine. I found the interview pretty technical at points, having to look up several software development acronyms. In adjunct to ak's take, I liked the commitment to go "wide, not deep". With other parts of the interview, I took this to mean that Microsoft-Asobo would develop the engines and infrastructure and leave it up to the established third party experts to offer the "study level" stuff. Sounds like Orbx will be a big part of the eye candy, add-ons as well as core stuff.
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X