Air race rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air race rules

Well I have a rough set of rules for the race so far and possible positions for officials. I highly encourage suggestions, ideas, and changes to what I have so far. After all, I'm mostly just winging this whole process hahaha

RULES AND GUIDELINES ROUGH DRAFT

OFFICIALS
    1 at start finish to keep tabs on player positions over the line, catching multiple screen-shots of all racers crossing the line and put them in correct order
    2 maybe 3 positioned around the course to eyeball laggers/cheats
    1 announcer to comment on happenings during the race (gotta be Bob)
    1 pace plane of different type that's larger than the racers and and much faster

RACE RULES
    3 left-hand orbits above airport to form up on pace plane
    3 laps
    upon finishing your 3 laps, continue to the end of the runway then break off to the right
    no more than 10 players per race
    fuel and payload is player choice
    if a critical issue occours that forces you to abandon the race, announce you have a problem then pull up and out of the race with "-player name- has failure, breaking off."
    no slew during race unless emergency
    fly with crash detection and player collision off, but all other realism on full
    flying through somebody to maintain a line is inevitable, but don't stay in the same place longer than necessary
    wideness of turns can't be excesivly large, pretty much turn and head straight for the next one
    Last edited by WarHawK; December 13, 2013, 02:38 AM.

Bump

Comment

At my confused request, DeathSeeker has published an excellent race course map. Thanks again, Sound for the scenery and Paticus for the work involved in this event !

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...a=0&dg=feature
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

A little dissatisfied with it, but I can revisit it later next week when I have some more time. I wanted to get it out so we can have something at least for now.

Comment

Can we use the lancair legacy?

Comment

[/QUOTE]
            Originally posted by Flyingdreamz View Post
            Can we use the lancair legacy?
            Negative. Still finalizing the aircraft that will be used. As of now it's just the A2A Mustangs Civ and Mil. Most likely the default racing mustang, and T-45's.

Comment

Originally posted by Paticus Maximus View Post
              Negative. Still finalizing the aircraft that will be used. As of now it's just the A2A Mustangs Civ and Mil. Most likely the default racing mustang, and T-45's.
              Depending how this upcoming race goes, would you be open to other classes joining? The legacy is a very popular airplane within the group.
              Last edited by Waterman981; December 13, 2013, 05:06 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote

Comment

Originally posted by Flyingdreamz View Post
                Depending how this upcoming race goes, would you be open to other classes joining? The legacy is a very popular airplane within the group.

I'm totally down for other classes. It's a matter of how smoothly all the races happen within the time-frame for that day. There most likely might end up being multiple race days.

Comment

For fun I did try the Extra 300 on the race course...

My crappy time in the Acceleration P-51: ~2:40
                  Time in the Extra 300: ~4:40

It made for lots of super tight turns and long slow waits between gates. :friendly_wink:
                  - Michael
                  Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterman981 View Post
                    It made for lots of super tight turns and long slow waits between gates. :friendly_wink:
                    I think this is exactly the reason for the P-51. Most other slower aircraft will take too long between gates and I think it could sap the fun out of the course. That, of course, is my humble opinion.
                    Greetings from Dale
                    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

By the way. Thank you to Paticus for coming up with the idea to make the course.

The course itself didn't come out as I had planned. Edwards AFB seems like such a desolate place in FSX. I added parking lots full of cars and static aircraft, both of which did not show up in the final product. Of course, the laptop that I used to make the scenery does show all the cool stuff I threw in there. I really don't know why nobody else can see it. Maybe due to some scenery library I didn't know about to make everything show. I am still learning. If anyone knows how to make a library, let me know. I used instant scenery for this project. I found out that I couldn't use ADE, since it wouldn't work properly because it wouldn't play well with the already built up scenery that comes stock with FSX for Edwards. Any other airport, and it would have worked.

Anyhoo, that's the back story on the scenery. Any and all comments on the scenery are welcome. I would like to learn more about it.

And thanks, Bob.
                      Greetings from Dale
                      Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Originally posted by Sound View Post
                        I think this is exactly the reason for the P-51. Most other slower aircraft will take too long between gates and I think it could sap the fun out of the course. That, of course, is my humble opinion.
                        I agree. I've tinkered with other locations for a smaller course, but haven't found one to fully satisfy me.

And as far as scenery details around there, it's alright how it is the way we see it. it keeps the frames down for everyone

Comment

Where can I get the scenery?

Also, when's the first race? I like the look of it!
                          [B][SIZE=4]My new name on Discord is "Frost"![/SIZE][/B]
                          [img]http://i.imgur.com/jBFcrVT.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Monarch View Post
                            Where can I get the scenery?

Also, when's the first race? I like the look of it!
                            The first race never got planned, as training and practice sessions fell short. I've since then re-built my FSX, and have lost both A2A Mustangs I planned to use for the race. It's possible to try again with default racing mustangs. I don't know where the scenery is located now, but Sound may know what happened to it.

Comment

If you purchased the A2A Mustangs, you can use the order emails sent to you initially to obtain another license via customer support (Lewis).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X