Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport Diagram Question

Take a look at the Airport Diagram for KBCT (Boca Raton Airport). Notice the runway configuration and layout of the taxiways. Note, specifically, that there are no taxiways on the south/east side of the runway. All taxiways touching Runway 05-23 extend north/west, only.

Why, then, does the cautionary note at the bottom of the Airport Diagram exist?
    ("Be alert to runway crossing clearances.")
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Is this a real question or a trivia question lol

Comment

Originally posted by WarHawK View Post
      Is this a real question or a trivia question lol
      Yes. It's real-- I honestly don't know why the caution would be there-- but it's also rather trivial, I know.

Comment

The only semi logical thing I can think of is for ground traffic, such as driving to the tower. It looks like many or all single runway airports have this in their diagram as well(with the exception of naval air stations). My conclusion is that even though it is stupid and illogical, it is probably a government required item.

Comment

I would certainly be cautious if I received a crossing instruction from ATC at one of these airports, so I guess the caution is effective.

Comment

Here is Jeppesen interpretation of the chart.
            It looks like there is very limited space between the runway and taxiway P.
            It might have something to do with that caution an limitations presented on the bottom right of the Jeppesen chart. (?)
            HL
            mike404

Comment

Old info but still might be pertinent..... https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flig...t_Diagrams.pdf
              [COLOR="#008000"]Josh
              CW4 US Army Retired [/COLOR]:)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks for the Jepp chart, Mike, and nice find, Josh! I see that Mr. Greenway et al were unable to promote the suggestion into action back in April 2007, however.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X