Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update your FMS Navigation/Waypoint data (payware aircrafts)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update your FMS Navigation/Waypoint data (payware aircrafts)

====================================
    Update FMS Navigation/Waypoint data
    ====================================

Current AIRAC cycle: 1213 (Effective from 13DEC12)

For those of you who fly advanced payware aircrafts and use programmable FMS computers (e.g. Wilco/FeelThere, Aerosoft, PMDG, etc), you will find that the waypoint database updates for the default FS9/FSX database that I posted previously, will not be readable/used by your advanced FMS/FMGC systems. To update your waypoints and navigation data for these aircrafts, you will need a different solution.

Currently, the only source that I'm aware of, for downloading and maintaining current AIRAC data, is Navigraph. There, you can purchase (for a small fee) updated database which from my experience makes a huge difference in your navigation experience--especially if you are interested in instrument departure procedures, etc.

I installed (and currently am using) this data, which brought my FMS up to date in the aircrafts I fly. I was satisfied to see that the available SIDs now match the current SIDs from all the airports that I have checked and currently depart from (e.g. the Bradley Nine departure from KBDL and the Logan Six departure from KBOS).

Again, this is just for your reference, in case you're looking for this kind of information/updates.

==============================
    Note
    I purchased some credits for 10 euros ($13.40 USD) and only had to spend $2 of it to update my database, which means I'll be able to update several more times still. They accept credit cards & paypal, which give you immediate access to download the updates.

I am not affiliated with Navigraph in any way, nor do I receive any consideration for promoting this information, rather I am simply providing this information so that others may benefit from it. If anyone is aware of any other sources/options for AIRAC data, please share them as well.

Additionally, as always, read all instructions on developer's site and make appropriate backups.

Link to the Navigraph AIRAC updates
    http://www.navigraph.com

Yours Truly,

Jason Cook
    AviatorX60

thanks for the info Aviator!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...