X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for Android Tablets

=============================================

Please excuse my English description. Those who know me know that I had to make a huge effort because it is a language I have not studied or spoken never. However I tried to make it as understandable as possible

I want to make a small contribution to the forum recommending an application for android tablets ("Aviation Tools" by Alexandre Del Bigio) for those seeking documentation and charts relating to airports.

Although it is an application on real aviation, I think it may have a hole that enters can be used for FSX or at least. be a small source of information and curiosity.

With this application you can get a lot of real airports updated data regarding position, frequency, terminal charts ... etc

One must understand that:

a) Terminal charts (if available) are UPDATED and therefore are not always applicable to FSX, which the original data are based on 2007 Jeppesen cartography. For example, there may or not navaids (VOR's, ILS's, NDB's, RWY's, frequencies ...) available in the FSX default scenery.

b) Not available all FSX airports in all countries, even missing some entire countries, although the application is collaborative development and, according to the author, will increase the database gradually.

c) Data source is from FAA and, in some cases, directly from the AIP published in each country.

d) METAR's & TAFOR's and are not applicable to FSX even using "real weather" by the peculiarities of the internal system and meteorological data source FSX (fs2k.zone.com).

e) We must assume that the application, only under certain conditions, has a certain tendency to get "hung".

The free app works really almost no difference with the paid version and the ads are not annoying.

Allows you to download data and charts so that they can be made available offline. In the case of METAR's, TAFOR's etc.. warns if the data is updated or not.

In my opinion, a very complete help, although isn`t an application for mobile phones or tablets below 7" screen if you want to see the charts good.

The application includes, according to the author:

*** Free Version ***

Aviation Tools is a pilot tool for preparing flights.
    Get instant access to useful informations : METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, AFD ...

Available languages: English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish
    Danish, Portuguese

Available Maps: USA, France, Italy (VATSIM), Netherlands, Norway, UK, Spain, South Africa

Contact to add more maps (I need a free website with PDF).

- Quickly find the nearest airports (displaying the distance and bearing)
    - Weather information and NOTAMs (remain available offline),
    - Download directly all available documentations (AFD, TAKE-OFF MINIMUMS, ILS...)
    - Calculate sunset and sunrise,
    - Inline airport Editor to add or change an airport (collaborative)
    - Worldwide database pre-loaded
    - If you are not French use FAA source for NOTAMs (Note: go to menu Preferences and select "FAA")
    - The METARs TAFs and are decoded and converted according to selected units in the "Preferences"
    - And much more...

If you want more information click here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aviatool&hl=es

Or you can locate the application "Aviation Tools" by Alexandre Del Bigio en google play.
    Last edited by BHELTRA V; November 2, 2013, 10:00 PM.
    [SIZE=2][COLOR="#0000FF"]I am responsible [B]for what I say[/B], but not for [B]what you can interpret[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]...
    [I][B][SIZE=1]Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri[/SIZE][SIZE=4]???[/SIZE][/B][/I]
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X