Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cera Sim UH-60L Blackhawk Fixes

After much research and correspondence with CeraSimAircraft, The following fixes are now applicable.

Problem 1.) Aircraft gives fatal error when sitting idle on ground too long.
    Solution: Remove the fx_tchdwn_uh60.fx and fx_vcuh60.fx files from your FSX_Root\Effects folder.

Problem 2.) When more than one person enters multiplayer with the same aircraft, both persons flying the UH-60 receive a fatal error.
    Solution: Remove the Cera_UH_60L_Sound.gau file from the Simobjects\rotorcraft\uh-60lBlackhawk\guages folder.

Problem 3.) The only gps solution that is offered is a payware GPS.
    Solution: To install the G-500 replace your aircraft.cfg file and panel.cfg file with the following

If you have any questions, let me know
    HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
    See my videos Here

Mike,

Those aren't official fixes are they? I know that you did a crap-ton of research and provided that to Cera. Hopefully they release an official patch addressing the issues.

-Jeff
    [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0154.png[/img]

Comment

Actually the correspondence to and from Cera have been significant, yes. To that note, no, these are NOT official fixes and yes, Cera is working on a patch for these three files. I do have to pat myself on the back on this one, however, as it was my work that led to these fixes. Except the GPS fix, that is a no-brainier. Thanks for the recognition.
      HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

You see Hawg you need to buy from Abacus, their blackhawk is light years ahead, its so good they don't need to patch!
        Nice work though, thanks for taking the time and helping it be the best product it can!

*Disclaimer: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ABACUS, this CeraSim UH60L is THE BlackHawk to get, accept no substitutes!
        "Remember, when in doubt hold on to your altitude, no one has ever collided with the sky"

"Speed is life, Altitude is life insurance"

"Respect the ground, for during the 100 or so years that man has been flying things made of metal going hundreds of miles per hour, and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose."

[IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0041.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8414713730_5a72947ba2_o.png[/IMG]

Comment

Hi, what do I miss when renaming the sound gauge file?

Comment

Hearing other people's UH-60 who are in the same multiplayer session.
            HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Ok.. well the fixes are cool, but they don't work.

I contacted Cera today and they supplied me with an experimental fix (it doesn't involve with any of the files above) but I haven't tested it yet. Hopefully it's a leap forward from this awkward situation. I'm quite upset to have paid 35$ for this just to find out they didn't even test it in multiplayer. Further more, it's been two months since release and no fix until now.. puts a very big question mark whether I'm going to spend my hard earned cash on their future releases.

Comment

The problem with the Cera Uh-60 is that it is generating ethernet packets that are "malformed". I confirmed this in testing with Cera. If they have supplied you with a new resolution, great! They were supposed to notify me when they came up with a fix, but I guess they forgot. Remember, the fixes I supplied here were within 2 days of the products release. its been out for a while now, they have had some time to fix some stuff.
                HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Got sick of hearing nothing about a fix, so I sent this email to Cera's support.

"Since purchasing the Cerasim UH-60L upon release in September, I sent a few support requests that fixed the multiplayer crash problem. Here it is February and no patch has been issued to fix the broken software. So I'm requesting a refund for the $35 US that I paid for this product. I believe I have waited a reasonable amount of time on a fix for problems that have been identified to your company."

-------

I got this reply:
                  "We have done many tests, unfortunately to solve this problem we have to
                  redo the helicopter and remove the realism and quality.

We're sorry but we cann't refund your money."

So, this goes to ask, will they redo the helo or abandon it? Sounds to me that they are going to let it go.
                  I'm not advocating software piracy, but I do see why people share software before buying it. You play by the rules and pay full price for something and then are let down and receive a broken product without means to properly fix it, or in this case get a refund.

Oh well. At least the Virtavia helos work in M/P without ditching it's effects.
                  [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0154.png[/img]

Comment

Hi again.. I figured they haven't fixed it until now, nor planning to fix it in the future as they screwed up the product to begin with (too much work for them to rebuild it without the initial flaws). I got fed up with it within a week of purchasing, their atrocity of forcing me to become a beta tester after paying for a finished product seemed incredible. I didn't wait further and asked FSP for a full refund, which they gave me (store credit in fact, which I bought REX4 with). Also, their excuses are pathetic.. the much more complex PMDG 777 or A2A accusim aircraft work just fine online, but no, they can't do it because "it will take out the realism". Those Spanish guys think people are idiots. :grumpy:

Btw, one of them trolls on Avsim actually blamed me for the situation... as I didn't check whether the thing works online or not prior to purchase. Well, Cerasim website was lousy enough to purposely avoid being honest and point out it doesn't work online.

PS, they also said "we didn't test in mp". Wth? seriously?
                    Last edited by adi518; February 2, 2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Perhaps they just need some encouragement from A2A or PMDG on the technology they use and how to optimize it.

Comment

Maybe, but do you really think either of those will give away their tech? not gonna happen. Cera is way too small developer. If they at least charged reasonable prices and supplied good customer support (without silly excuses) maybe, just maybe they would have had a large enough client base by now, to allow them to expand and become better. Atm, it's just a faulty business model. Sort of how Captain Sim are.

Comment

Audio issue : for some reason I have to reload the audio driver for each use. Sometimes I can hear and talk to ATC other times nothing. Seems the audio driver keeps crashing , I have no issues when using my main aircraft C17 by virtavia Can anyone help with this

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                          Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X