Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacPack Tuesday! Postponed Due to Election

Tonight's TACPACK event is postponed until next week due to the election. Good luck to us all.

Shouldn't we have voted on this?

Comment

Speaking about polls, I have one. I don't want this to get political in any sort, I am just curious on how the rest of the states see's things. Here in Florida I have noticed that Florida more or less determines the presidential vote to some large extent. Yes I know how the Electoral College works and where Florida stands in it. So... Why does it always seem to be us who really determines the final result? It is always in the news as well on the last days of the election. There is probably a simple explanation of this. I am also somewhat young. I have not been around for 50 years. This is my perception. Also note, I do not really follow politics and its full processes. This is partially why I am asking. I also ask not to bring this to any sort of political discussion, I am just asking how it works. Thanks!

Comment

Basically you're flip floppers, indecisive, whilly nilly. :abnormal:

Just kidding. Basically of the states with the population of FL, yours has a history of being relatively evenly divided between those likely to vote in a particular direction. Unlike Massachusetts for instance which always votes democratic, states like FL, OH, PA can't be predicted or determined to vote one way or another until much later in the process.

Comment

Maybe it's because in November there are Floridians who really live elsewhere throughout most of the year. If they're registered to vote in FL, they bring into the Florida political scene their other-stately cultures and perspectives. Even if not voting Floridian, they're here, thus influencing Floridian voters (and daily commuters!!!). Florida is, therefore, a microcosm of post-isolationism America... minus the crazy "Florida Man" headlines.
          Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Booooo :sorrow::sorrow::sorrow: Everytime I actually make it for a session, its cancelled! Maybe ill make it next year...

Comment

It's because Florida usually drags out their results so late into the night that we are all waiting on them j/k but it usually seems that way. I was actually looking this up the other day and it seems Wisconsin has the best track record of picking presidents (a 93.8% success rate). Followed closely by Illinois, Idaho, Missouri, and Virginia (uggg I can't go to sleep yet ). https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...es-in-1-chart/

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X