X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK to Amsterdam (2 hour flight) !

Join me for interesting flight which is an actual KLM flight 644

After departing JFK from Terminal-D, and flying about 45 minutes, we will use the fsx map function to jump over the Atlantic and begin our descent and land in Amsterdam (Schiphol - EHAM).

OneDrive Link is
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cPLN

Please read the README file !

Plane choice is Boeing 747 so we can all see each other with latest msflights model matching vmr file using B744 type code. Of course you can fly whatever you like in the JET class.

If you use the freeware KLM 747 from my OneDrive link and my vmr file, you will see me as a 747 KLM plane and you can fly the passenger or cargo version yourself, if you like.

This flight encourages use of active sky weather, or, at least fly in some clouds / rain / snow when landing in Amsterdam (just to keep it challenging)

Will collapse into a 2 hour window.

ILS landing required, unless you are flying clear skies weather ...

Happy Flying !

If you can not join us, feel free to use the attached files and fly at your own convenience.

Sorry no one joined me today, I was trying to experiment to see if this afternoon time slot would get at least 1, but it did not.
    Has anyone thought of a sign up sheet so we would know if anyone was "planning" to attend a group flight that we spend time planning for? Not a commitemt, but an intent to attend would be nice to know, because I I had no one interested, I would have cancelled it an opened up the calendar spot for others.

Well, since I had time on my hands, I took some pics, the hail storm and one pic with lightning was cool, actually had a spot were streaks of lightning via active sky appeared, but I could not capture it, even tried to recreate because it was amazing. Maybe Next time....

Here is my collection from start to finish: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cjpg

Comment

Nice pics! The afternoon time slots during the week are tough to get attendance. I'm sure mostly because of people working. You could always ask people interested to reply to your group flight post. That way you would have an idea of how many interested pilots will try to make it next time.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback how would I go about asking other folks without breaking any rules ?

Comment

Maybe when we post the calendar event we can simply put on there please reply if you're planning on trying to attend this flight then if We get no reply the day before the event We could just cancel it ???

Comment

I don't believe you'll be breaking any rules if you ask for replies from interested pilots at the bottom of your event posting.

Comment

Do polls work on calendar events? Might be something to try.
              Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X