Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the World Lap 4 -- Episode 13: Foundry on the Shuya river -- 1703 Petrozavodsk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World Lap 4 -- Episode 13: Foundry on the Shuya river -- 1703 Petrozavodsk

Hi pilots! Time to hop in that Herky-bird for another adventure Back in Time!

Our Adventure so far:

Tonight's mission:

On Thursday night, HQ is sending us back to the year 1703 to lend assistance to a fellow by the name of Alexander Danilovich Menshikov in his attempt to construct a massive iron foundry requested by Tsar Peter The Great.

Thursdays flightplan is as follows:

Riga International Latvia Departure (EVRA)
    Pskov Russia (ULOO)
    St Petersburg Russia (ULLI)
    Petrozavodsk Russia (ULPB)

A flightplan .PLN file for this flight can be found here:
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

This flight will take place in classic FSX, but feel free to follow along in steam!

AIRCRAFT
    The preferred aircraft is the C-130 Hercules. Alternatives include the C-97 Stratofreighter, the Antonov An-12 and An-32, the Howard 500 and the Boxcar - or any cargo prop that can do 250 kts at 20,000 ft.
    No Jets.

-------------------------------------------
    Not sure what to fly?

For those who don't have or don't want to fly the C-130, Storm was kind enough to document which are the best planes for these "Around the World" cargo flights. This should help you decide.

• C-97 Stratofreighter Popular, quality freeware that comes with an installer available here.
    • An-12 Most similar to C-130. Most extras (airbrake, autothrottle, paradrop). Russian annotations. Most difficult to fly.
    • An-32 Most frame-rate friendly. Best cockpit model. Easy to fly except long spool time. Needs refueling on long flights.
    • Howard 500 Easy for piston engine pilots. Best climber. Tail-dragger. Performance tails off at altitude. Poorest frame rates.
    • C-119 Boxcar Easiest to fly.
      • Re-engined (French) variant: Faster. Normal climb rates.
      • Normal engine variants: Slower. Half the climb rate so gets left behind on short-medium length flights.

Comparative flat-out speeds:

Comparative Framerate Friendliness Indices:

Happy landings,
    Lazer

please visit my Onedrive here:
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Due to a bad cpu fan my pc is overheating and shutting down every 10 minutes or so. Working on getting a replacement fan, but if I have to order one from Amizon it wont arrive in time for Thursdays flight. I'll keep you informed.
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Comment

Come over and use my PC : P

Comment

Lazer
        this is the time where your local Best Buy or fries is your best friend.
        mike404

Comment

"Local Best Buy"? Lol whats that? My only hope is "Ryans computer repair", or MAYBE Walmart.
          Happy landings,
          Lazer

Comment

Walmart wouldn't have anything like that. A computer shop likely would.

Comment

We don't blame you if you can't make it Lazer. Walmart nor Best buy would likely have that stuff. Best buy is crap, at least here where I am at for computer components. Hope she gets better soon!

Comment

"Ryan" had a used fan & heat sink lying around that he sold to me for $15. I popped it in and so far so good (although its a bit loud). Thursdays flight is back on schedule and HQ is pleased.
                Happy landings,
                Lazer

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbolt View Post
                  "(although its a bit loud).
                  Loud is a nuisance. "Redbox" is getting progressively louder at times. I'm going to put a better one in there at some point. I have it just haven't installed it yet.

Now that you see how simple it is, you can still order a new/quiet one. If you're anything like me, quiet as almost as important as cooling.

Comment

We're due to fly into Russia. Should we suspect sabotage?

Comment

Good to have you back lazer
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                        We're due to fly into Russia. Should we suspect sabotage?
                        No he's in the clear
                        Per Ardua Ad Astra

Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Novawing24
                        Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Novawing24
                        Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/novawing24
                        Official Novawing24 website! http://www.novawing24.com
                        My Onedrive! http://tinyurl.com/novawing24-onedrive

Comment

The Singularity Drive has a fresh coat of Temporal Conductive Time Sink Compound and is ready for action! Bring your appropriate cargo hauling prop plane to EVRA for a 9pm eastern departure.
                          Happy landings,
                          Lazer

Comment

Great news Lazer! I just reset the time on the server to +10 GMT.

Comment

The C-97G...
                              (Please click on the pics +F11 for full size/clarity.)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X