X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the World Lap 4 Episode 10: Special Assignment --An Xmas Story 3--

Hello pilots!
    The "High profile client up North" is so impressed with our cargo hauling air convoy over the last few years that he has requested our services again to head north to help deliver last minute Christmas supplies.

We will be departing Tanquary Fjord (CJQ6) on a very challenging flight around the "North Pole". Our mission is to make stops at a few secret locations to pick up needed supplies and deliver them to our high-profile employer. Along the way we will be hauling Christmas presents, Trees, and decorations.
    This will be a very difficult flight around some unforgiving terrain, especially because of the troubles that come with GPS & navigation aids this far north.

This flight will take place in FSX classic (boxed) but feel free to fly along in Steam!

Any aircraft that cruises at 150-160 knots IAS will be good to use for this flight. I will be flying the OZx Goose and we will fly at altitudes of 4,000-6,000 feet.

Plan is as follows:

CJQ6- Tanquary Fjord
    ELVS- General Tinker-Boots international
    GNOM- Gerome the Gnome aerodrome
    TNSL- Killer Whalen Jennings Municipal
    XMAS- Rudolf international

Here is a flightplan .pln file for this flight... you will need this file to find your way around the North Pole.
    http://1drv.ms/1O4aN5s

SCENERY

Click the button below to grab the required scenery from my onedrive. These files have been up-dated so please download and install them even if you already have this scenery. Simply overwrite the old ones.

Happy landings,
    Lazerbolt

please visit my Onedrive here:
    Last edited by Lazerbolt; December 16, 2015, 05:49 AM.
    Happy landings,
    Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

What version are we going to be using? I was wondering if we could try the vPilot where people from P3D, FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, etc. can all play on the same server.

Could we try this? Heres a link to the thread

Thanks! Can't wait to make it!

Comment

Yes Unknown Gamer, I am aware of Vpilot, the version we use around here we call FSD. The entire reason why we've been testing it is so in the future we can conduct group flights using it.

THIS flight however is going to be held on the FSX classic server. There is always people joining in Steam edition as well so feel free to join us.
      Happy landings,
      Lazer

Comment

A reminder for tonight's trip around the North Pole:

Please install the updated scenery (even if you already have it from last year) and don't forget to grab the flight plan file. You WILL need to have your auto-pilot follow this .pln file as it is impossible to follow a GPS line by hand this far north.

Bring your 160 knot prop to Tanquary Fjord (CJQ6) at 9pm eastern where we will depart!

Ho Ho Hope to see everyone there!
        Happy landings,
        Lazer

Comment

ATTENTION OrbX FTX Vector users! I suggest switching off Vector prior to this flight because of problems at the starting airport (runway and parking being partly in the water). To do this quickly in-game:
          1. Navigate in FSX to World > Scenery Library.
          2. Find the four entries ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ, ORBX!VECTOR_APT, ORBX!VECTOR_CVX, ORBX!VECTOR_EXX and uncheck them.
          3. Click OK and wait for the quick scenery rebuild.

At the end of the flight you can recheck them.

Comment

Hope you guys enjoy!!!!

[IMG]http://picresize.com/images/tagdf.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Here are some pictures of another great xmas flight per Lazer. http://imgbox.com/g/6CmboL2VQC

Comment

Please click on the pics + F11 for full-size/clarity.

Comment

Wish I could have made the flight, looks like it was fun.
                  [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
                  [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

Thanks to everyone for coming along and making this flight so much fun! Here's a few snaps I hope yule enjoy:

Happy landings,
                    Lazer

Comment

Storm great pictures of your Junkers 52
                      [IMG]http://picresize.com/images/tagdf.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I participated while I was at work last night. Really enjoyed the annual Christmas flight. We had several members who flew this route for the first time. That added to the enjoyment as they expressed their awe at Lazer's work.

Did anyone record it with FSRecorder? I was using a 3D Extreme joystick and botched every single landing in a manner I found most amusing.

The thread of puns at the end had me rolling at times. Let's see, it started with Coast asking what the tinsel strength was of the "world's finest tinsel" made at the North Pole. I told him he couldn't use that one because he used it last year (I don't know if he actually did or not). Somehow that lead to a thread of aquatic comments.

Unk: Whale of a good time
                        Unk: That should seal the deal
                        Lazer: Look down there. There's a seal walking into a club.
                        Storm: Would you mind repeating that. I'm hard of herring.
                        Lazer: (At the last stop with the Orcas in the pond used Orca as Ocus you know.....
                        Me: That was a killer of a joke.

There were so many others. It went on for 10 minutes. It wouldn't stop. If anyone remembers any others add them. It's worth recording I think.

Good times....

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas season!!

Comment

Originally posted by karlh View Post
                          There were so many others. It went on for 10 minutes. It wouldn't stop. If anyone remembers any others add them. It's worth recording I think.
                          You may be skate-ing on thin ice asking for this. There's a time and a plaice for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                            You may be skate-ing on thin ice asking for this. There's a time and a plaice for everything.
                            Would that Plaice be an ice palace? Nah. Who ever heard of any kind of palace at the North Pole. But if there were one, I bet it would be super.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                            Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X