Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterman's Late Night Wandering - Olympic Peninsula

Join me to do some low and slow wandering over the Olympic Peninsula!

Flight Plan summary: 11S->7WA0->94WA (Download .pln here)

We're going to start at 11S, then work our way through the mountains to 7WA0. We'll then go straight south (following rivers/canyons) to end up at 94WA.

This will require low and slow aircraft. I will be flying the A2A Cessna 172. The strip at 7WA0 is VERY short and ends in a small cliff... You can make it in a 172... slowly. If you have a faster plane you will not make it.

This flight will be on the FSD server!
    I will be in Prepar3dv3, but feel free to follow along in FSX, FSX:SE, or X-Plane. See more about it here.

NOTE: Please make sure you can successfully connect ahead of time (This flight is a great time to test: FSD Server Test). We won't spend time getting everyone's simulator connecting.

I recommend the Orbx PNW region, and would normally recommend the PNW Demo which covers this area, but Orbx has recently pulled it to upgrade it.
    Last edited by Waterman981; December 12, 2015, 03:11 AM.
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Hey Waterman, I'm getting a notice saying this on your event page "*This event was posted for time zone so it will appear to occur on a different day on your calendar."

Not sure why it is showing that, could you confirm the event start time here so I could investigate the calendar back end? Thanks.

Comment

It would be at Midnight, Saturday night (Sunday morning) East coast... 9 PM West coast. I believe if you have your time zone set correctly in your user profile you should see the correct time.

(Logged in it shows as 10 PM MST for me, and not logged in it shows as 12:00 AM)
      - Michael
      Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Originally posted by Waterman981 View Post
        This will require low and slow aircraft. I will be flying the A2A Cessna 172. The strip at 7WA0 is VERY short and ends in a small cliff... You can make it in a 172... slowly. If you have a faster plane you will not make it.
        The de Havilland Beaver (Aerosoft do a nice payware one) is much faster than the C172 but will take-off and land successfully in both directions in still air at 7WA0. You might find the Pilatus PC-6 H2 Turbo Porter (Piglet freeware) will make it too, and you can get this from here.

Edit: After testing, I wouldn't recommend the Porter for this flight for most pilots, nice airplane (and excellent model) though it is.
        Last edited by Storm; December 12, 2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to this group flight both for my newly acquired P3D v3 and my new (20 minutes ago) FSD install. See you then
          “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X