Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athens Flying Week Virtual airshow

Hello everyone.I would like to present you a virtual airshow called Athens Flying Week virtual.The whole event will take place at LGTT(Tatoi AB) and supporting airport will be LGTG(Tanagra AB).I would like to request a supervisor/moderator in order to protect our event from anyone who will try to invade and ruin everything up.For those who want to watch the event you can connect on the ground but not to fly.The virtual event will start at around 15.00 UTC time.You can visit the facebook page of the event here: https://www.facebook.com/AthensFlyin...rtual/?fref=ts
    Regards

Edit by Storm: Scenery for LGTT for avsim registered users: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=150431

Various different flight teams are planning to attend, feel free to come watch the show if you do not want to participate.

Comment

Thanks, John G. and Kalo. I'll attempt to show up on our TeamSpeak a half hour before this scheduled event's start time to assist administratively as may be required. I have access to our FSX classic and FSX Steam servers and can configure our TeamSpeak as you might need.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

John G., Kalo...I logged onto our TeamSpeak for purposes of assisting administratively with Athens Airshow one half hour prior to the published event start time. I remained on TeamSpeak for one half hour after event start time but I did not encounter any airshow activity. I left the attendant TeamSpeak staff and helpful members to assist this event as is necessary and requested logged on staff to cellular message me if my assistance is required. I can not find what platform (boxed or Steam) this event is intended to be run on. I have a Steam and boxed capable server (called BigBox) available for configuration to your specifications but, as I can't find any pilots in your event, BigBox is in idle mode awaiting configuration request from the airshow.

I'm sorry but I did try to administratively support your event.
        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

:chuncky: No, Bob. You did not show up a half hour before the event. You showed up 24 hours and 30 minutes before the event. :victorious:

Comment

Thanks, Karl. I just noticed that. Well...I'll be here TOMORROW, same time, same place to again attempt to administratively aid.
            Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Thanks Robert for your help.I really laughed with Karl's answer :P I will connect to your teamspeak tomorrow as soon as possible because my day schedule is full tomorrow.But one staff member from AFWv will connect at least half an hour before the event to ensure that all things are good.Also we want Boxed server.NOT STEAM.Please create a room in your teamspeak with name Athens Flying Week virtual in order to be our ''rendezvous'' place.Also please set crash off,G effects off,slew mode on,voice on ONLY IN FREQUENCIES and time to be set 5 hours before 16.00GMT .Thanks for your support.Appreciate that.
              PS:Scenery for LGTT http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=150431
              PS2:Event starts at 16:00 GMT/ZULU TIME.
              Last edited by John G.; November 28, 2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
                Thanks, Karl. I just noticed that. Well...I'll be here TOMORROW, same time, same place to again attempt to administratively aid.
                If you subscribe to our Twitter feed, you'll see events are generally announced 10 hours before they happen (with some exceptions, like this one, where, because it's a non-recurring morning event, I've scheduled its announcement for 15 hours ahead of time). Therefore, if you haven't seen an announcement, it probably ain't happening yet!

(Other reasons an event may not have been tweeted: (a) the host added it to the calendar at the last minute and I didn't see it, (b) the host scheduled it on the calendar to run at an ambiguous or implausible time, (c) it's not by a credible host, for example the host has a history of not turning up or of rescheduling/cancelling the event, (d) I'm on vacation, (e) I'm out of donuts, (f) I just missed it - I'm human after all .)

To subscribe to our Twitter feed, or just to look randomly at its activity stream, click here:

Comment

At IP address 72.193.30.48 we have configured an FSX boxed edition multiplayer server per your specification in your post #7, John. I have set server weather to Clear Skies - clears all weather. That server is on line now. The LGTT AVSIM custom scenery specified in this thread has been installed on this server.

I see that one of our staff has created TeamSpeak facilities for this event's use. I have edited that room's notations to include the FSX boxed server's IP address and also added a clickable link to this thread of event details in the channel's description pane.

I will look for your staff one half hour before your event's start time to render what assistance I can.
                  Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Thank you Bob.Actually participants will not join the TS3 as we are going to communicate with them via FSX voice via frequencies.That's the reason we requested to enable voice communication only in frequencies.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                    Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X